• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

CL Find

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I found these on Craiglist and picked them up today:

DSCN4068.jpg

I think it was a decent find for $100. Really the Weber One-Touch Platinum was the purchase and the 18" kettle was either coming along for free or heading to the dumpster. The OTP has only been used a few times and is in great shape! The little kettle isn't in such good shape but I figured it deserved a chance to live.

The mod on these vents don't look so great:

DSCN4071.jpg

and I don't see replacements available on the Weber site. I'm pretty sure the vents don't turn and were bent back to allow for some airflow. Anyone replace these before?

Most people just drill out the center rivet and replace with a nut and screw.

You will have to call Weber directly to order the part.

Be ready with the two digit letter code stamped in the vent of the lid.

Great find! When I've needed things that are not in their catalog, I just call them. They are very accommodating.
Weber-Stephen Products, Co.
1890 North Roselle Road; Suite 308
Schaumburg, Il 60195
Phone 800.446.1071

i've seen a grill with vents like that... combined with what appears to be a sagging top, i'd say that someone lit a whole bag of matchlight in there with the cover off and overheated it. Should be fine once the vents are replaced though.

Great score! that little one would work well if you could find a 30 gal. barrel for a smaller UDS.

Great find! When I've needed things that are not in their catalog, I just call them. They are very accommodating.
Weber-Stephen Products, Co.
1890 North Roselle Road; Suite 308
Schaumburg, Il 60195
Phone 800.446.1071

Thanks for the contact info!

Most people just drill out the center rivet and replace with a nut and screw.

You will have to call Weber directly to order the part.

Be ready with the two digit letter code stamped in the vent of the lid.

Thanks for the info on the code!

PM me your address and I'll send you two of them to you...

PM Sent! THANKS!!

Great score! that little one would work well if you could find a 30 gal. barrel for a smaller UDS.

Hmm, definitely worth consideration.

Thanks for the input, advice, and offer for some vents! The Brethren rock! Always someone willing to help when needed! Thanks!:thumb:

Back