3-2-1 on a Fatty!!

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Ma
I was getting creative today, so I did a 3-2-1 variation on a Fatty

3 hours in the smoke, spraying with everything else.

2 hours wrapped in foil, sprayed before wrapping

1 hour in the cooler.

Got about 20 minutes of the 1 hour in the cooler left, but when tranfering from grill to cooler, I made a trail of juice pouring out the side.

Smelled AWESOME.

Will post results in 25 minutes :p

Thanks so much Bill...I am at work..
3 hours to go....Hungry...I could eat the
rear out of a rag doll.. and your cooking...
smelling good ...juice dripping...Q falling apart
tender...20 minutes to go...
Have mercy on us working stiffs!!!!
MikeG

Bill - it's past 25 minutes...Fess up.

(I'm hungry again).

Sorry, had to go drop off a brisket I cooked for a friend.

3 words

Oh My God.

I am taking the pledge:

I pledge to never cook a fatty again without using the 3-2-1 method.

This is a day of new things to try. As I sit here typing, I am drinking a Cosmopolitan. Never had one before. Sure, they are a girly drink, but it tastes pretty good.

Back on topic.

I sliced half of the JD 2 pound log. Farking juice was all over the place. Gave the slices awy to the people with the brisket (my wifes office)

I had a slice and my wife did.

It was the wettest, moistest, 1/3" smoke ringyest, breakfast sausage I ever ate.

I will never go back to 3 hours and out. Sure, you need to wait 3 more hours (2 in foil and sprayed down good) and 1 in the cooler, but its like any other of our meats, the longer you wait, the better it is.

So I implore you Brothers, nay, I insist brothers, that you try the 3-2-1in the cooler method on your sausage logs (1# or more). On those 12oz logs that some of you are getting, I say adjust times by 75% (since your cooking 25% less)

So now I will go polish off that rack of ribs and some more of the best damn sausage I ever ate.

Now don't go saying I invented 3-2-1 for JD sausage logs. Whoever created the 3-2-1 for ribs was just what I adapted.

Hey, this Cosmopolitan is pretty good. I just hope Sex In the City is on tonight so me and the girls have something to talk about tomorrow.

Bill,
Thanks for the update...I just had a diet coke
and a bag of pork rinds....awsome!!!.
I'm gonna take a short road trip to Dempolis, AL
tonight to check out Smokie Jacks. He has been makin
some noise in local circles and was on the food network
about a month ago. Also there is a small store there that
has a sauce that is gaining a reputation. I'm on one of my
recon missions. Ha!
Have a good weekend
MikeG

Man! 3-2-1 method for fatties invented in Ill. What's next?

At least I invented the Frito pie.

Methiink Bill has been rolling his fatties in double-wide strawberry Reefer Rollers and the smoke ring is around his head but I'm fixing to fire up and try the method, errr.. on sausage.

Cue'lio said:

Hey!!!

I specifically pointed out that I did NOT invent the method.

I, and the rest of Illinois, will take a break on inventing stuff. I just invented alot of stuff on slow days. This board has 440 or so people.

Go invent your own stuff.

I'm going to ronco.com

Brothers and Sisters,

Bill's just being modest. He invented the 3-2-1 method for fatties, and he's humble enough to not take the credit. (Applause as in the Ronco infomercials)

Chalk up another invention in Ill.

I still invented the Frito pie.

Cue'lio said:

You have yet to have a REAL Frito pie unless it is A) in Texas B) at a high school football game C) in November. Some things are sacred :wink:

Bill,
Great idea for fatties.
I now use 3-2-1 for Turkey Drummies also.
Works great :lol:
Moist, tender, and flavored to the bone.
I posted some pics a while back.
For me, easier than brining!
Fatties are next.
Thanks,
TIM

Jorge said:
Cue'lio said:

You have yet to have a REAL Frito pie unless it is A) in Texas B) at a high school football game C) in November. Some things are sacred :wink:

amen brother... preach on!

ok. would someone please explain frito pie?

chocolate pie, shepherd's pie, hare (can i say this?) pie - these i understand (and sometimes enjoy).

but frito pie?

must be a texas thing!

pile of corn chips, topped with chili and cheese. Popular at dirt race tracks and tractor pulls here. Usually onions and jalapenos are offered as additional toppings.

kcquer said:
pile of corn chips, topped with chili and cheese. Popular at dirt race tracks and tractor pulls here. Usually onions and jalapenos are offered as additional toppings.

10-q.

Back