Weekend Cook~~1/19-1/21

backyardchef

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Whatchoo cooking this weekend? I just picked up a bunch of chicken thighs, three racks of babys, 2 corned beefs that I'm going to make into pastramis, a few strip steaks and some cheese (cheddar and mozz.) to smoke up.

I'll be away from the computer for a few days...hope you all have a great weekend!

Matt

Outside that is supposed to get snow tonite and all day tomorrow so its going to be indoor........I've got the fireplace going............it won't be outside dutch oven hot coals and a good hickory fire..I'll get back with You!!!!

LOL...we both must have started a thread at the same time....if you don't mind....I'm gonna merge into my thread....

Last edited by a moderator:
OK......I can't take it any longer....I gotta cook something!!
I bought 6 slabs of babybacks and a small 6# brisket flat....I'll prep eveything tonight, get up and start a fire early, put on the brisket and go back to bed for awhile....then add the ribs later...hopefully I'll remember to take pics this time...:-D BTW...we're forcast for 3-6" of snow later Sat. into Sunday....and I had to bust about 3" thickness of ice away from the smoker so I don't fall and break something.....:roll:

So......is anyone else planning on cooking this weekend???

I'dd started a "What's cooking?" thread below....and it said

Whatchoo cooking this weekend? I just picked up a bunch of chicken thighs, three racks of babys, 2 corned beefs that I'm going to make into pastramis, a few strip steaks and some cheese (cheddar and mozz.) to smoke up.

I'll be away from the computer for a few days...hope you all have a great weekend!

Matt
______

It's gonna be fark all cold and windy....

Looking forward to it....

Baby backs and chicken thighs.

No snow for LI but real cold...I'll give it a try.

whatch cooking

I will be doing 2 pork butts and a brisket to break in the new BWS competitor.
Eric

I will hopefully be doing two butts and some fatties on sunday. May have to go to a family dinner though!

Depends on if the weather holds out. If so, will do some chicken w/ Plowboys test rub...just got it today.

I'll probably do a couple of racks of spares on Sunday afternoon. Going to the RV show in Tampa tomorrow and filled my belly with jambalaya tonight...so I'll have to be good, diet wise, tomorrow!!

Just a little 5# beef roast here. Prime Rib roast that is. $5.99 prime rib was just killing me all week at the grocery store. It was like a little demon just daring me to be naughty. We need no more food here to survive. Our freezer is so full you couldn't fit a toothpick in there. Refrigerator is so full of leftovers that we could feed a small army and serve seconds. I'm not used to having no children at home to devour every morsel in sight. The conversion from having a 19 year old large male eating machine to 2 "older" adults and 1 young man with a very restricted diet has caused havoc to my "just keep cooking dad" routine. May need to adopt some homeless people or something.

If the rain holds out, cooking steaks Sat evening on the open fire. If it doesn't, prolly will use the gasser. I so want to put some ribs on to smoke, if the rain clears Sunday, I think I will. At least a fatty or two.

I got a couple butts to go on sunday....Stayin indoors tomorrow, making chicken and sausage gumbo for a couple guests.:biggrin:

I'll try to post pics

I plan to do some ribs, depending on the weather and the honey-do list.

Going to break in the rebuilt Performer and EZ-Que Rotisserie a couple chickens.

I was up at 5:30, got the fire going....it's 20* outside, and surprisingly, no wind....pit is up to temp in an hour and the brisket is in!! Now I'm too hyped to go back to bed...it's mornings like this (but usually every Sat. morning) that I miss KC.....we'd spend hours PMing on AOL or Yahoo, or talked on the cell....we sure solved a lot of the worlds problems back then....miss ya buddy!
Wait.....Poo is out of town...do you think it's too early to call him or Sharon????

I used Kevin's (from HomeBBQ) beef rub mixed with mine on the brisket, and Kevin's rib rub mixed with Blues Hog on the ribs. If you've never used any of Kevin's products, you're missing out....you'll definitely understand why he is the defending FBA champion....check out his site and order some today!

Hope you're back up and smoking soon Guido.
Me? I'm trying to decide what to cook tomorrow. I got a hankerin' for a long cook but I just don't have the time. Prolly do some chicken and some stuffed fattays. If I had a couple more hours I'd rather be doing ribs. I still haven't had a chance to try Arlin's coffee rub that he sent me in the trade. :sad:

I just love the color that the HomeBBQ and Blues Hog rub gives to the ribs.....

Attachments

• Ribs2.jpg
    Ribs2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Ribs1.jpg
    Ribs1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 68
Kevin said:
Just a little 5# beef roast here. Prime Rib roast that is. $5.99 prime rib was just killing me all week at the grocery store. It was like a little demon just daring me to be naughty. We need no more food here to survive. Our freezer is so full you couldn't fit a toothpick in there. Refrigerator is so full of leftovers that we could feed a small army and serve seconds. I'm not used to having no children at home to devour every morsel in sight. The conversion from having a 19 year old large male eating machine to 2 "older" adults and 1 young man with a very restricted diet has caused havoc to my "just keep cooking dad" routine. May need to adopt some homeless people or something.

I feel your pain Kevin,
The boys are fetched up and gone. I've got a heel roast,3 bags of pulled pork,2 stuffed fatties,in the freezer and what do I crave? Ribs,Ribs,Ribs. I'd love to cook up at least a couple racks for the Bears game tomorrow, but must battle the weather and the wife.
Life is so hard..... God bless us all.
ModelMaker

Back