Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Blues & BBQ, Hays, KS...July 16th & 17th

The Home is still open and it could be within walking distance if one wanted to. I was always more a fan of The Q.
Yes, the Home is still there, and so is The Rose and Toby Juggs... both of which are within stumbling distance of the park :shock:

It's the HPC (Home Party Club)! Ha, ha... I'll second whoever said there is no "quiet part" of Hays. I know that last year teams were still going strong at 4am during the comp. I'm getting pumped up! We're not going to partake in the appetizer comp cause we'll be entertaining sponsors and friends, but feel free to come by our camper and say HEY. Always cool talking to BBQ folks.

We welcome Grauers Hog Wash Barbecue of Delphos, KS and Jay Willies Whiskey Pit BBQ of Lindsborg, KS as the 20th & 21st official teams to enter the Hays KCBS contest.

Here is a very very early map of the park layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team #22 "Ribs" for her Pleasure from Junction City KS

With 22 teams, the local bars should put together teams to help get us to 25!! Call that Brewery downtown and challenge them...call one of the local beer distributors, etc.

Good luck! ...see ya'll Thursday night! :thumb:

Hey Legend11, how big are the lots that are laid out in that pdf? You gotta figure that people will have campers with their smokers on the side of it and not parked side by side kind of how you have it laid out now. I would think that your lots would need to be laid end to end instead of side by side like that. Just saying.

I talked to a team from Salina that did our Ellsworth comp that was thinking of coming, but they told me the other day they can't make it. I'll ask some of the other teams.

Daryl,

Thanks for a great competition. You, Pam, Sabrina all did an excellent job pulling 25 teams together...and some pretty darn good ones too. Smokers Wild, Jay Willies, Up in Smoke... I had a great time. Now, if only we could do away with that heat next year. I had to double check my info, it said 113 on the readout as I was leaving Hays, yet the radio guy said "high of 104". I think it was probably close to 110.

It was great meeting the fellow Brethren from Half Smoked and Bubba's Que Crew. I look forward to hanging with you guys more when I actually have "teammates", and not I'm running around like a beheaded chicken :p.

See ya'll on the road again soon.

-Kev

Congrats Kev on the two 2nd places and the 5th overall. I felt bad for ya cooking by yourself and suffering in the heat. We pretty much stunk it up, but it's firing us up for the next comp. I'm sure we'll see ya down the road.

Hey,
It was great meeting both Kevin and the Half Smoked crew.
Kevin, congrats on the two 2nd place calls! Going at it alone in that heat...you gotta be some sort of Iron Man!
Hope to see you guys down the road sometime!

Good meeting you too Shawn. Congrats on the 1st place brisket! We've tentatively schedule the August 27th-28th comp in McPherson as our hopeful "redemption" contest. Ha, ha... You guys going?

Guys, thanks for making the trip. & hope you had a good time. Any suggestions are welcome. I already put in an order for cooler/dryer weather next year.

Back