I love doing bbq classes!

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I just did my 5th 3 hour bbq class yesterday. The others were much more work, but my partner/teammate Mark now has a Fast Eddie in a trailer that made prep for the class very simple (he did most of the cooking overnight). The class was done from 2-5, with 18 people in the class.

The menu was:
Spare Ribs
Brisket and Burnt Ends
Pulled Pork
Beer Can Chicken
Tomato Pie
Apple Bacon Salad
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce

I didn't take photos, as I was busy teaching the class. All the evaluations were very good, and one person said it was the 20th class he'd taken, and ours was by far the best of any of them.

A few people even suggested doing DVDs and selling them. So Mark and I are considering doing a video podcast monthly on my blog. It should be fun, I think.

if only you had hired someone to take photos...
maybe then we could believe you!

where was the class?

We don't make enough to hire a photographer. :) I got a few shots at a previous class, but decided to not even try this time.

The class was at Cooks' Wares in Springboro. We're considering an 8 hour hands-on class in late July in Clayton.

3489659683_3602c02d47.jpg

3490475736_051501bdbf.jpg

Some pretty good people started that way ;-)
Good luck with it!

Mark and I just recorded your class a couple of years ago, and we copy it. (kidding of course).

BTW, Ray, if you know a contact person at BGE that I could talk to about problems with my platesetters, could you PM it to me, please? Local rep isn't helpful at all.

Hey, please let me know when you have the next class. I might have to attend that tom pick up some pointers since I am new and am currently in the middle of my very first smoke all on my own!!

And Clayton is not far from me being in Dayton.

The next one will be longer, and hands-on. Bring your own smoker, meats will be supplied. It's going to be more learning not only how to do the meats, but how to do them on your own equipment.

We'll probably have at least one more guy there helping, too, someone that has used a UDS quite a bit.

The next one will be longer, and hands-on. Bring your own smoker, meats will be supplied. It's going to be more learning not only how to do the meats, but how to do them on your own equipment.

We'll probably have at least one more guy there helping, too, someone that has used a UDS quite a bit.

well, that is what I will be bringing. My UDS!! Shoot me any info you have the class and the cost.

Any advanced notice on the cost would be great since money is tight right now.

Too bad Ohio is so far away, I'd love to attend one of those classes. Guess I'm going to have to see what is in the area...

We don't make enough to hire a photographer. :) I got a few shots at a previous class, but decided to not even try this time.

The class was at Cooks' Wares in Springboro. We're considering an 8 hour hands-on class in late July in Clayton.

3489659683_3602c02d47.jpg

3490475736_051501bdbf.jpg
Based on the first picture and all the sad looking faces, I'd say its time to set some ribs and liquor in front of them. I bet they'd be smiling then! Best of luck to ya and hope you make a killing!

Are you giving out the recipe

Just take our next class, and you get the recipe! (kidding). It's not ours, though I don't remember where we got it.

Bread Pudding
1 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins (optional)
1 pinch salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Maker’s Mark Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten well
1/4 to 1 cup Maker’s Mark whisky (to taste)
1-1/2 cups heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cube doughnuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of doughnuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until doughnuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.

Bake for about 1 hour until center has gelled. Top with Maker’s Mark Sauce.

Ooh, that Bread Pudding recipe is so wrong on so many levels, I'm glad we don't have a KK here in Holland :mrgreen: Oh well, I could substitute for local glazed donuts :wink:

Have to ask if they can adjust my cholesterol medication.....

Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!!!!!

Tomato Pie

I want the recipe for the Tomato Pie. I have had some in the past, just was wondering if there is much variation between them. The ones I enjoyed had tomatoes, onion, basil, a little olive oil and some cheese. 90% was tomatoes. I think the pie was a fantastic side for BBQ. Regards,

Back