Took the plunge. Rib night at Saddles BBQ Bistro.

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The locals were complaining, "How can it be a BBQ place if you don't serve ribs?". Yes, I have a lot of educating to do, but I digress. We decided to try Rib Night on Fridays and see how it goes. Put on 29 racks this morning. Start serving at 5. I'll update tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339195551.189236.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339195579.683580.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339195609.787447.jpg

Good luck with the ribs! Hope you could get a good price on them. Just bought a few for a vending gig tomorrow and they are damn expensive. I need to make the trip up there to see your place.

Good luck with the ribs! Hope you could get a good price on them. Just bought a few for a vending gig tomorrow and they are damn expensive. I need to make the trip up there to see your place.

I picked up loin back ribs from Costco, $3.19/#. Charged $13 for a half rack, one side and Tx toast. $19 for a full slab.

29 racks, 3 1/2 left, not bad.

I picked up loin back ribs from Costco, $3.19/#. Charged $13 for a half rack, one side and Tx toast. $19 for a full slab.

Great news!! We'll be over in a few minutes for the leftovers!:wink::mrgreen:

wallace

how much to charge

so one rack pre cooked is bought 3.19 and charge 5x more 6x more 19 is that a general principle on how to charge ?im asking because im opening my own mobile catering biz in fall.

trying to learn how much to charge for food,
also wear to buy plastic styro foam containers for food?

where do you in general buy meat and do you ever by sides? from cosco?

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually we went off what other places are charging. People would have to drive at least 20 miles one way to get ribs of any quality.

so one rack pre cooked is bought 3.19 and charge 5x more 6x more 19 is that a general principle on how to charge ?im asking because im opening my own mobile catering biz in fall.

If you look at his original email, it says he paid $3.19 per pound for his loin back ribs (baby back). Just off the top of my head I would guess that to be around $6-$7 per rack. So no he was not getting 5x or 6x, more like 3x.

Ribs are generally going to be the lowest margin item on your menu.

Pyle - glad it was a hit! Looks like rib night is here to stay.

Seems like it worked out, nice when that happens.

Jacksedone, you can find some of those things are Costco or Sam's Club, especially if you have a Business Costco around. But, your better bet, there are usually places that cater to small restaurants in most medium to large cities, find out where those places are. They will have the best variety of containers for food service.

I get most of my stuff from Sysco. It is nice they have a distribution center 15 mile from here. I can get a will call every day but Sunday. I did get the ribs at Costco. I did that because I could see the product before I bought them. Sysco had them but I didn't know what to order, because they had so many variations. I do not buy my side. I have a kitchen, so I make my own. That is what makes me different. Anyone can buy pre made sides, but I don't think the quality is there.

Back