• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Salmonella update ... tainted irrigation water

"tainted irrigation water"

I have seen lots of that in the U.S. It is "treated" water from the sewage treatment plants and pumped to irrigation systems. Where I used to live in FL, that is what they used to keep the golf course nice and green. I called it natural fertilizer. :rolleyes:

If not treated properly, or if there is some real bad nasties in the water, it WILL end up back into the water system. My, how we trust our government.
They are talking about running treated water back to our cooling towers for us to recycle...... I am not looking forward to going into them to clean them out. It is our annual duty during the winter months.... :evil:

"tainted irrigation water"

I have seen lots of that in the U.S. It is "treated" water from the sewage treatment plants and pumped to irrigation systems. Where I used to live in FL, that is what they used to keep the golf course nice and green. I called it natural fertilizer. :rolleyes:

If not treated properly, or if there is some real bad nasties in the water, it WILL end up back into the water system. My, how we trust our government.
They are talking about running treated water back to our cooling towers for us to recycle...... I am not looking forward to going into them to clean them out. It is our annual duty during the winter months.... :evil:

I didn't think they were allowed to use the reclaim/irrigation water on food crops. I hope the hell not at least.

There rally isnt any laws or regulations in Mexico.... :( Maybe in the big cities but...as far as I know... :(

Living right next door to Mexico, I can tell you guys about stories that have popped up in the news about farmers in Mexico using "Agua Negra", (black water) straight from sewage canals to irrigate crops. This stuff isn't even treated. The smaller, poorer areas don't have city sewer rights and channel waste outta homes into canals and ditches. I'm not suprised at all.

Living right next door to Mexico, I can tell you guys about stories that have popped up in the news about farmers in Mexico using "Agua Negra", (black water) straight from sewage canals to irrigate crops. This stuff isn't even treated. The smaller, poorer areas don't have city sewer rights and channel waste outta homes into canals and ditches. I'm not suprised at all.

I've seen that too. they definitely don't have the regulations we do here.

Back