"Merican Style Ribs keep improving (pr0n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It must be a good sign, each time I cook ribs they just keep improving and this time by a great deal.
I used the generous and kind gifts from Kirk (Chikagokp) that arrived in a box.
I chose Agave syrup to coat the ribs and because I butcher it myself, this time I decided to go with the full platter instead of the trimmed rib section.
Man that was a good decision!

After coating with Agave I sprinkled it liberally with Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy rub.
That seemed a good choice considering the sweet Agave.
I cooked on the BSK at 280-320 over 3 and a half hours.
SweetnspicyBSK.jpg

When they were rested, I sliced a sample and ate it.
Then I poured a little of Boshizzle's gift of Texas Pete and melted butter over, jus because I wanted to try it!
Boshizzle has given me an equally large box of American and Mexican heaven, and I already got TFO teary with some of it.
SweetnspicyRibsplate.jpg

We LOVE Texas Pete!!!

Finally, TFO got all womanly and made some potato salad and scolded me and cajoled me into eating it with salad.
She says she is worried about my health but I saw the way she looked at the leftovers...
sweetnspicy-potatasalad.jpg

Thank you Brethren Kirk and Joe!!
Very happy days downunder!:grouphug::peace:

Tater salad is a very common side for BBQ around here.

CD

Wow, gorgous ribs, Bucc! They look so good barbecued and topped with that TP and butter, I think you are now an honorary Southerner!

Wow, gorgous ribs, Bucc! They look so good barbecued and topped with that TP and butter, I think you are now an honorary Southerner!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:
:rockon:
Proud to be!,,:-D
If I get enough acceptance ill put it in my sig so be careful what you wish for!!!
:laugh:

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:
:rockon:
Proud to be!,,:-D
If I get enough acceptance ill put it in my sig so be careful what you wish for!!!
:laugh:

Well, you are from the extreme south even compared to me.:shock: Ribs and pics look good.:wink:

Back