Finally got the UDS done

jwalk721

Reaction score
it wont be quite an "ugly" drum when I get some Brutus Buckeye stencils.

Fitting the Weber Lid
0214091236.jpg

mostly painted
0313092058.jpg

the growing "family"
0512091403.jpg

another "family" picture
0512091403a.jpg

thanks to all who offered help and advice. It works like a charm!

Nice!

How old's your boxer? Our's is nearing the end, he'll be 12 this summer and really has gone down hill lately...

Thanx all. The boxer (c.j.) is still a pup. He's around 1 1/2. As for pictures i don't really have any of it in action, only the finished product:
Fatty
0201091831.jpg

0201091831a.jpg

some BB ribs
PhonePics074.jpg

in the 4th pic is that a bucket in place of a pan under your weber grill?

yeah it's a bucket. Another great idea that's not quite working out. I don't like the setup on the Weber silvers and was trying to come up with something a little better. I took a j-bolt and screwed it where the thumb screw used to go for the "ash pusher". The problem with it is the bucket is just a little big to fit between the legs and it hangs down too low. Back to the drawing board I guess. I should have bought a gold but I couldn't beat the price on the silver. I work at Lowes and got it for 30% off last X-mas.

Great work. I like the UDS, Dog, and your deck setup. Very nice.

Thanks. The deck set-up is about to be changed I think. I'm already running out of room! I think I'm going to do a step-down where the chargriller is and fill it with pea gravel. maybe build a few tables. The half weber you see is my table right now.:-D Something about wood and fire makes me nervous for some reason. It should end up about 12 x 12ish.

The dog is pretty cool.....you want him? J/K

yeah it's a bucket. Another great idea that's not quite working out. I don't like the setup on the Weber silvers and was trying to come up with something a little better. I took a j-bolt and screwed it where the thumb screw used to go for the "ash pusher". The problem with it is the bucket is just a little big to fit between the legs and it hangs down too low. Back to the drawing board I guess. I should have bought a gold but I couldn't beat the price on the silver. I work at Lowes and got it for 30% off last X-mas.

:icon_shyMan, we should move this to woodpile:icon_shy

Nice job. Might want to clean the chargriller, with the addition of the UDS you will be using it to store your bbq tools!
is just a little big to fit between the legs and it hangs down too low.

Something I had to learn to live with a long time ago. As for the 30% off I got that as a baby before I left the hospital!

Back