View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 07:24 AM   #20
lunchman
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mht150 View Post
Looks great. Havenít tried fries yet on mine. Looks like something Iíll have to try. Wonder where I can find a good how to?
It's fairly straightforward. I happened to use yellow potatoes since that's what I bought at the market yesterday, but most homemade French Fry recipes call for Russets. I sliced these so they were uniformly sized (less than a half inch), brought a pot of heavily salted water just to a boil, then to a low simmer and cooked them until a knife just barely pierced them. For me, that was about 8 minutes, but go by feel, not by time. Skin was left on since that's how we like our fries.

Drain them, then dry them well. I spread them out on a wire rack over a baking pan and blotted them dry with paper towels.

Blackstone was on medium heat. I brought oil out with me, but had plenty of bacon grease so made use of it. Fries in bacon fat, what more could you ask for. Cook until desired doneness. Salt and pepper as you go.

I had thoughts of using a bag of frozen fries I had on hand, then just said the heck with it, I'll make my own from scratch.

Thanks from:--->