View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 11:21 AM   #24
OOMPDADDY
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by e11even View Post
You can cook the brisket the day before for the next day, then put the brisket in a Cvap or alto shamm to hold the brisket overnight at safe temp. I use a Cvap for this. Also you could smoke it up until you wrap then finish in an oven. You can also look into smokers that allow you to step away. I have a J&R that can smoke for hours unattended and there are others that can do this as well like the ole hickory. You just need to make sure you have a big coal bed and throw on enough splits before you split for the night. Obviously you wont be able to walk away from a true offset stick burner. But you can still cook during the day and hold overnight for the next days service. Lots of places do this. Franklins is cooking his briskets during the day for the next days service. I think he pulls his at like 1am but you can start your cook earlier so you will be pulling them earlier.
This is helpful. When you say they are pulling briskets at 1 am how are they holding them for 12 hours? Can a cvap or alto shaam really hold food for that long safely? Do you have a BBQ joint that you do this in?
OOMPDADDY is offline   Reply With Quote