View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #25
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskres View Post
They needed to use a larger burner on the starter. It would barely light the charcoal anytime I tried. And it would definitely take ages to get the grill up to high temps.

On another note I swung by Lowe’s and they have a kamado joe classic 20 percent off. I’d be 662 otd. I’m really wanting a Pitts and spitts pellet to replace my Memphis and a hasty bake to replace my wscg I just sold. But I do miss my green egg.
What made you decide to get rid of the Memphis? That sounds like a good deal on the classic. The Hasty Bakes have always intrigued me, but I don't know anyone who actually uses theirs on a regular basis. They all tell me how great they are built and then when I say "how often do you use it?" and they say "oh, last time I fired it up was 6 months ago. lol I'm sure it's probably a coincidence but it's funny how they all say the same thing. They seem really nice.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote