Holiday Prime Rib Roll Call

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
If you are doing a prime rib for the holidays, including New Year's, chime in and post pictures. Seems like a lot of people are this year. Maybe some for the first time.

This is my first ever prime rib cook. Plan to use Phil's classic recipe and cook it on my FEC-100 with an initial sear on the BGE.

I am doing a rib roast for dinner tomorrow. Not my first, but will be my first on my $10 Weber Kettle. I will be posting pictures. I picked up a nice looking 4.5# roast from Fairway yesterday. I plan on just a basic salt and pepper rub. Going to use Seven Oaks Lump. Wish me luck.

Did a practice Select Rib Roast the other day, 5.5lbs in the Cookshack, got two meals out of it with fantastic French Dips the next day. The next one will grace the UDS!

100_2155.jpg

I am doing mine tomorrow, well later today I guess. Did chuckies for chili today that was great.

Did mine last night. Ala Poobah. No pics. Too hungry. Now my head hurts. Must have been the teriyaki, brother Jack would never do this to me!

Mrs Mafia wanted Prime Rib, so, she went to RD and picked one up all 18.5 pounds of it.:eek:

That's not a typo......she actually bought and 18.5 pound Prime Rib.

I'm in... I have one 9 pounder and one 6 pounder. Both will be done on the BGE ala Poobah. Twice baked potatoes, almond garlic green beans, and a tossed salad will complete the meal. Pretty simple but, I hope, oh so good.

I have a 17 pounder in the convection oven right now. Pics later...

Merry Christmas from Chi-Town! Ill be throwing mine on the kettle around 3:00 or so ...will be "breaking in" the new Forschner 14 inch Granton slicer I got from my kids on it..

If you are doing a prime rib for the holidays, including New Year's, chime in and post pictures. Seems like a lot of people are this year. Maybe some for the first time.

This is my first ever prime rib cook. Plan to use Phil's classic recipe and cook it on my FEC-100 with an initial sear on the BGE.

Todd,

I really think that you will enjoy Phil's recipe for this, it is excellent. I'm doing one for the wife and I on New Years Eve. This will be the third time that I have done one.

Mrs Mafia wanted Prime Rib, so, she went to RD and picked one up all 18.5 pounds of it.:eek:

That's not a typo......she actually bought and 18.5 pound Prime Rib.

For the record...I am almost 6 months pregnant and HUNGRY!~
I would have bought the 24lb one but sadly, the 10 yr old couldn't get it in the cart! Merry Christmas!

For the record...I am almost 6 months pregnant and HUNGRY!~
I would have bought the 24lb one but sadly, the 10 yr old couldn't get it in the cart! Merry Christmas!

Congrats...but craving Prime Rib:shock: Glad my wife only craved ice cream :biggrin::biggrin:

Merry Christmas From West Texas

12lb. roast on the smokemaster as of 0700 hrs. Central standard time....

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM WEST TEXAS!!!! AND LOTS OF BLUE SMOKE TO ALL!:mrgreen:

Still trying to figure out what time to put my 16 pounder on the WSM for a 3pm deadline with a 45 minute rest after cooking. I'll post pictures at some point.

I got mine rubbed, injected and ready. I decided to go with my own prep method for today. It's only a 7 pounder, but I got 2 more in the freezer for a rainy day.

Back