• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Did I miss summer or what?

sampson

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
If Mother Nature wants to pretend it's fall in the Cache Valley with temps in the 60's on Saturday, I'll be glad to cooperate. The cool rainy weather had me wishing for some hot soup and bread so here's what I went with...

Started with a little something in the cast iron skillet...
100_3478.jpg

Added a little of this from Cox's Honey here in Logan.
100_3482.jpg

To get this
icon_razz.gif

100_3486.jpg

Set that next to this bowl of homemade 15 bean soup with a bit of hamhock in it.
100_3480.jpg

Ends up like this! I can't wait for fall to really hit...
100_3487.jpg

So what was everyone else up to this weekend?

I hope it warms up for you, 92 today in Perris, Ca, will be passing throughLogan on thursday on my way to Billings, save me some corn bread and a bowl of soup, looks real tasty!

The cornbread and honey alone looks great. Bean soup looks tasty too.

Thats a bit of hamhock? Looks like a hunk-a-hock to me and very tasty.

Good lookin' eats. Come on down to Tucson gonna be 102 today.:twisted:

Oh....man........that looks GOOD Samson!

I LOVE beans & cornbread. Conversely....I HATE heat & humidity. 90's all weekend here and off the chart humid. (BLECH!!!)

The first thought of cool autumn days just hit my mind thanks to this thread! THANKS!

Send some of that cool weather and great grub this way. Looks great.....I'd hit that for sure. Looks great.

We had tri-tip and chicken off the gasser in my sister's backyard. The Blue Angels were performing overhead, nice get together.

Yup!!! Paybacks for not posting anything you made with the peppers I sent....:twisted: Does look good tho....

Yup!!! Paybacks for not posting anything you made with the peppers I sent....:twisted: Does look good tho....

Dude, I suck for not having used those yet, I keep saying I'm going to do a pot of brisket chili with some of them. But for some reason I keep putting it off. I'm headed to Salt Lake City later this month to judge at Rock n Ribs and think I'll do it for the night before potluck... I promise pron!

Back