Campfire Grilled Carne Asada Tacos

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Went camping this weekend at Mt. Pinos, which is about 8500 feet elevation and about 1 1/2 hours N. of LA. I had some choice flap meat from Costco marinating over 36 hours in my special marinade. Made a hot bed of coals using oak, then threw the meat on. Finished tacos with homemade pico de gallo, onions, cilantro, and hot salsa roja. Doesn't get any better than this!

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 196
Very nice!! I love grilling on camp trips.

I used to go up to Mt. Pinos for mountain biking, and on new moon weekends, to stargaze with my astro equipment.

Food always taste better over an open fire, even better when camping!
Thanks for the great photos Moose!

now that's roughing it! nice job and everything always tastes better in the woods, doesn't it?

Most definitely! Too bad my food photography skills suck...the picture didn't do the taco justice.

Shoooooooooot!! I'd hit that...looks GREAT!!

I love cookin on the campfire!

Nice eats Moose!!

Most definitely! Too bad my food photography skills suck...the picture didn't do the taco justice.

hey, a great photo of bad food is still bad food. :biggrin:
we can tell that was fantastic.

Went camping this weekend at Mt. Pinos, which is about 8500 feet elevation and about 1 1/2 hours N. of LA. I had some choice flap meat from Costco marinating over 36 hours in my special marinade. Made a hot bed of coals using oak, then threw the meat on. Finished tacos with homemade pico de gallo, onions, cilantro, and hot salsa roja. Doesn't get any better than this!
looks and sounds good..... but dosent pico de gallo already have onions and cilantro in it......:wink:

looks and sounds good..... but dosent pico de gallo already have onions and cilantro in it......:wink:

Yes, Pico de Gallo does have onions and cilantro in it...among other ingredients. However, I still top my tacos first with onions and cilantro, topped off with salsa roja. The missus made some killer pico with fresh tomatoes and jalepenos from our garden, and I couldn't resist the garden goodness. It was delish. It was like summer in a tortilla.:smile:

Back