• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Parmesan Shrimp and Catfish

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I smoked up some shrimp and catfish yesterday on my horizontal. I had been wanting to try these recipes for some time, they are from DINGLE and Seboke on the SMF.

First I sprinkled the shrimp with some of my homemade cold smoked seasoned salt and brined the catfish filets.

100_4108-1.jpg

100_4104-1.jpg

I dried and seasoned the catfish with more of my seasonings..

100_4110-1.jpg

Onto the smoker with a bit of hickory...

100_4115-1.jpg

I removed the shrimp after 30 minutes, added marinara sauce, parmesan, moz and provalone cheese...

100_4117-1.jpg

Back into the smoker until melted and bubbly...

100_4126-1-1.jpg

100_4141-1.jpg

I deep fried some of my twangy green tomato dill pickles...
Used a tempora batter and panko for extra crunch...

100_4137-1.jpg

100_4147-1.jpg

The finished smoked catfish and parmesan shrimp...

009-3-2.jpg

Wow! That is some great lookin eats!! It all looks mighty tasty. Tell me more about the green tomato dill pickles please?

Thanks folks!

Joe...ya owe me!!

I make green tomato dill pickles in the fall. I like to deep fry them, adds a new dimension to the flavor. :biggrin:

100_1154.jpg

Woo doggies! That looks great. My wife is uuppsett! she just recently became allergic to shrimp (a couple of years ago), and told me not to show her that pic of your shrimp dish again.....it was too painful for her. hahaha

Woo doggies! That looks great. My wife is uuppsett! she just recently became allergic to shrimp (a couple of years ago), and told me not to show her that pic of your shrimp dish again.....it was too painful for her. hahaha

Dang Fastball, being allergic to shrimp would be awful!! Tell her I'm sorry, wish they had a cure for it.:wink:

Dang Fastball, being allergic to shrimp would be awful!! Tell her I'm sorry, wish they had a cure for it.:wink:

She does too. She still loves shrimp and misses it terribly. And I'm always real good about eating it in front of her (I do it every chance I get:lol::lol:).

Nice looking grub you made there. How long did you smoke the catfish for?

Thank you!
I smoked for about 2 1/2 hours at a temp of 225. The shrimp are fast...30 minutes without the sauce, then just long enough to heat the sauce and melt the cheeses.

She does too. She still loves shrimp and misses it terribly. And I'm always real good about eating it in front of her (I do it every chance I get:lol::lol:).

LOL...Fastball, you're cruel...:biggrin:

Thanks OSD...they're nice and "twangy"...lol

That looks great. I have some yellow fin tuna I've been wanting to smoke. What do you use in the brine?

That looks great. I have some yellow fin tuna I've been wanting to smoke. What do you use in the brine?

I use a brine given to me by a fellow smoker named Seboke from the SMF.

1 gal Water
1 cup Kosher Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
8 crushed cloves Garlic
1 small onion, rough chopped
1/4 bell pepper, rough chopped
1 tablespoon Jalapeno hot sauce
1/4 cup teryaki sauce
1 teaspoon bay leaf flakes

The only change I made was to decrease the salt amount to 1/4 cup.
The fish brine for 4 hours...

Thank you!
I smoked for about 2 1/2 hours at a temp of 225. The shrimp are fast...30 minutes without the sauce, then just long enough to heat the sauce and melt the cheeses.
Thank you, I am going to have to try some myself. I love em pan fried but didnt know how to do them on the smoker.

Back