• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

10 lb brisket ready in 8 hours....with pron!

smooookin

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I guess she's just gonna rest in the cooler for a while.

Started out at 6 this morning getting the UDS fired up. Life in a camper is a million times better than in a farkin hotel!

gettinstarted.jpg

Just getting started with a load of RO lump and a chunk of Pecan.

ftwbrisket1.jpg

Almost there!
ftwbrisketa.jpg

I can't wait to tear into this thing, it should be very tender, that probe almost fell in.

looks great

there is no hotel that would let you have that kind of meal

(overheard at the front desk ) I plan on taking a 55 gallon barrel and loading it up with a nice smokey lump charcoal fire and cook a few meals throught my stay. will that be a problem? :-D

Nice looking brisket. Yes, there are some advantages to the RV over the hotel.

Always friends in the Trailerpark with food like that to share. I wanta see it sliced.

Jeff, where are you? Did you build the barrel there or take it with you? Anxious to see the finished brisket.

Jeff, where are you? Did you build the barrel there or take it with you? Anxious to see the finished brisket.

I am in Fort Worth, actually just west of Ft Worth. The barrel I am using is a buddy of mine's. I have one seasoning as we speak. The one I built last month was snapped up by one of the other guys.

The flavor was good and everyone enjoyed it. I couldn't figure out why the bottom was overdone until the owner of the drum says, "I forgot to tell you the thermometer is off almost 20 degrees"

So, I was cookin over 250 all day!:mad: From now on, I will only use my probes.

Back