Lookin' to Impress... Question

Heisenberg

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
All the family is going to be at the house for Christmas (specifically lunch time), and I want to cook something great.

Thoughts?

Gee, that is a broad question. I am impressed with lightly smoked sausage, a spicy mustard and loads of beer. Call me easy.

Okay, that is broad...

More specifically I want to smoke something on my UDS.

Something that can be ready by lunch, so probably not brisket, turkey, or ham.

Okay, that is broad...

More specifically I want to smoke something on my UDS.

Something that can be ready by lunch, so probably not brisket, turkey, or ham.

Enough should be able to do a turkey, especially if you spatchcock and cook at 300+

Ya a Turkey only takes 3 hrs not Spatchcocked.......:confused:

Just Grill some Brawtwursts.

I just did a 12 lb turkey on the drum in under 3 hours, easily doable before lunch. Cooked at 325-350ish.

Start a butt the night before. When you get up it should be done, then rest it in a cooler till lunch. With a UDS, you should only have to get up once to shake the ash out of the basket.

For something different...
how about a seafood/crawfish boil with bacon wrapped corn on the drum?

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153292

958001f2-1.jpg

just one more option.

If you are comfortable with fatty's make a stuffed one.
They are always a hit.
MOINK balls or pig shots are also great options.
Lunch could be more like a mini taste fest ya know

A pork butt cooked the day before, pulled and heated with your favorite sauce the day of lunch. Then cut some Hawaiian rolls in half and they can make their own sliders.It's fun and great eating.

Use the previous ribs as a challenge to get good at them by Christmas. A couple of practice cooks with some BBQ-Brethren homework should get you there. I get more oohs and aahs from ribs than anything else I cook (except pig shots, of course.)

Bonus, you'll be good at ribs in less than a month.

Back