The Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Brine (pic)

Tried this last year (slightly modified) and it was voted the best turkey I've ever made.

Thanks for posting this, timing is great as I usually brine and will definitely try this one this year!

Where the fark has John (PatioDaddio) been?

Haven't seen him for a while...:noidea:

Ok, to much positive feedback not to try a breast dunked in this stuff. May even try a chicken breast before hand.

Probably stupid question. This is my first smoked turkey. We have always had the stuffing in the turkey cavity when we roasted the turkey. I think I read somewhere that that really isn't the safest way to do stuffing, but it tastes so good.

We should not put stuffing in a turkey when smoking it, correct?

What are your thoughts on this....

Brine overnight Tuesday
Take out on Wed to travel - (in cooler of course)
Cook Thanksgiving morning - (been out of brine for app 18 hours and refrigerated)

Almost T day practice time. Never smoked a turkey but gonna try this brine this year. thought I would bring this to life for the new brothers out there

This brine is awesome, it's what I use every year. I do about 16h then take out and place in refridge overnight to dry out the skin.

The best

Have been doing this brine for four years now,since the beginning we have NO left overs and my brother-inlaw told me to make an extra turkey just to have some for work sandwiches.
Good Stuff😀

Back