• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pre-built firebox

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Can one of these be used as firebox for say for a 275 gallon vertical fuel tank build?

Last edited:
It depends on the stove size. it should have 1/3 the imternal Cubic inches of the oven to work properly.

Don't know how big it is but now that you mention 1/3 size I'm doubting it for a 275

Don't know how big it is but now that you mention 1/3 size I'm doubting it for a 275
For 60 I'd buy it you can always use it to keep the Mancave( Shop) warm or a heat source for the still house.:rolleyes:

Assuming that stove is cast iron, you are going to have to find a way to connect it to a carbon steel tank. I do not believe that you can just weld it. Maybe oxy rig and braise. Just something to consider.

Assuming that stove is cast iron, you are going to have to find a way to connect it to a carbon steel tank. I do not believe that you can just weld it. Maybe oxy rig and braise. Just something to consider.

See where the exhaust pipe connects to on top of the stove? You would run that over and connect to the tank.

I don't know about a 275 but I mounted a NB vertical off set the exhaust and it cooks some killer food.

Drill and bolt!

You might pull a 275 as this only takes a VERY small fire in the to hold 225 to 250.

Here is my other wood stove creation;)

Back