View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #41
McEvoy AZ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
I think that the PNWBA has done a pretty good job of taking a proactive stance in trying to educate teams in dealing with HD inspections. Even though each county is different, we usually get good reports from the inspectors when they've gone through and done their job.
I realize its probably too big of a deal for KCBS to tackle, and not in the business to, but regional BBQ Associations might be able to do a better job to hip organizers and teams to HD regulations?

Here is a registration from a recent PNWBA event that had BBQ, Dutch Oven and Chili sampling.

http://www.pnwba.com/events/2013/201....basinbash.pdf

just sayin'
By the way I think this is a great post. I certainly not going to slam orginisors or hold Them responsible for a county HD inspecting me during my chicken turn in, but I do think this is a good lesson. Here in AZ there is not that many orginisors and what the pnwba is doing by being proactive with HD is a good lesson for them. Let's face it, having the HD at the event is not enjoyed by any orginisors I know. Why not bring them to us first to educate the HD on what is import during a comp so they don't test us while turn ins and if the feel they need to inspect only do the teams that are actually have pc meat out.
I might get beat up for this a little but I believe most orginisors do the best job they can and most of them do not make real money by doing events. So you really got to love being involved with BBQ comps to do what they do with all that can go wrong at a comp. they put there reputations on the line very event they organize an event. There is a good chance they make a lot of friends and there is a good chance at some point they will loose friends all mostly for the love of BBQ.
McEvoy AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->