And so the free cook begins...tri-tip prep

Awesome looking food Bob Staeak and Chicken Boobs- does not get much better That brine sounds interesting

Those fresh tri's look killer(cooked look killer too), and chicken ham... Bro! I am all in:clap:

Those tri tips look amazing.....before and after!
I am going to have to try try your chicken boobs marinade, those look great!
Thanks for all the pr0n!

Well, I am back and the pron is to follow. I will just mention, that my BIL's sister has vetoed reimbursing me for the food, so I currently am out a little under $350. She also lied about the availability of the kitchen at 7am, complained about the food being late, and lied about there being no motel room within a 60 mile radius of the family home.

Pron to follow

We made a bunch of stuff, but, I was hammered for time. I had requested access to the kitchen at 7:00 a.m., but, on Saturday morning, was told 8:30 a.m. at the earliest, that turned to 9:00 a.m.

We turned out the following:
Tri-tip sandwiches with a bacon and tri-tip jus BBQ sauce
Chicken sandwiches with a apricot mostardo sauce
Vinegar-style Cole Slaw, with cabbage, red peppers and carrots and a Pineapple and citrus vinaigrette
Country-style Potato and Egg Salad (this was my sister's MIL's favorite dish)
German-style Baby Potato Salad with Bacon and herb vinaigrette
Fruit Salad of melon, grapes, oranges and bananas, with a mint-basil infused syrup dressing
Two types of cookies, Apricot Thumbprints and Grammy's Chocolate crinkles

tatersalad_zps2ef3dcba.jpg

slicedchicken_zps24be2ba3.jpg

slicedtritip_zps6c0f5481.jpg

chicksands_zpsbec5ba33.jpg

triptipsands_zps4a54a17e.jpg

By the time I was ready to take pictures of the tri-tip sandwiches, my BIL had come in 4 times to ask to take food out, I asked him what the rush was, as guests were not due for another 20 minutes, he said his sister wanted the dessert table set before, and was getting upset. So I snapped at him that "the farking food will be served when it is ready, do not farking come back in here, as you are slowing me down, and I could give a flying fark about what that bitch wants right now!" And I was left to cook.

Back