• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Steak (carne asada) Tacos and Tortas and more w/PRON

I wish my Misto had a sight window in it.:cry:

I didn't even know they made Misto's w/out a window. If you have a costco nearby they usually have it on hand. They come in a two-pack.

I didn't even know they made Misto's w/out a window. If you have a costco nearby they usually have it on hand. They come in a two-pack.

That's where I got them.I'm not buying two more just for the window.

The hardest part about tortas is the bread!! Where'd you get yours? What market is the meat from too? Mom and pop stores always seem to have good marinades

The hardest part about tortas is the bread!! Where'd you get yours? What market is the meat from too? Mom and pop stores always seem to have good marinades

You're right about the bread. Ive tried all sorts of torta bread and by far this is the best. The funny thing is I stumbled across it down the street from my house in a small mom and pop store. Its brought in fresh every morning from a small French bakery IIRC and goes fast at 1.89 for four in La Crescenta/Glendale foothills area. area. The meat is from a market called El Mexicano Market/Tortilleria at 61st and Avalon in south L.A. They hand make their tortillas hence the name obviously. Whereabouts r u?

Great looking food. Many meat markets make their own tortillas, most of them superior to the ones in stores (Guerrero, Mission, etc). Good teleras are harder to find but that bread looks amazing.

Great looking food. Many meat markets make their own tortillas, most of them superior to the ones in stores (Guerrero, Mission, etc). Good teleras are harder to find but that bread looks amazing.

Thanks. Anytime I want fresh hand made tortillas I call a Mexican farm market about 5 mins from me and place an order. It's usually ready in about 20 mins or so. I also usually stock up with all kinds of fresh made from scratch salsas, guac, cheese, etc. and meat from them as well when I don't feel like making it myself. Store bought ones cant even come close and best of all no preservatives or anything artificial in them. I try all the little stores and carnecerias across greater L.A. Always on the hunt for the best I can get.

You're right about the bread. Ive tried all sorts of torta bread and by far this is the best. The funny thing is I stumbled across it down the street from my house in a small mom and pop store. Its brought in fresh every morning from a small French bakery IIRC and goes fast at 1.89 for four in La Crescenta/Glendale foothills area. area. The meat is from a market called El Mexicano Market/Tortilleria at 61st and Avalon in south L.A. They hand make their tortillas hence the name obviously. Whereabouts r u?

I'm in Midcity LA (in between Culver City and Koreatown)

I'm in Midcity LA (in between Culver City and Koreatown)

Cool! Obviously lots of options for you where you're at as well. Don't think you wanna drive all the way up just for the bread though.:mrgreen: I'm constantly all over L.A. so it works out for me.

If you're ever in this area, try the meat at Ranch Market on the corner of S Redondo Blvd and Adams. Their Cornish hens are really good along with their beef and chipotle and habañero chicken!

First off, great cook, through and through! I'll have to try the grilled serranos next time.

You answered my question already about where you bight the tortillas and meats.

Have you ever considered making your own tortillas and just buying fresh masa? They're even better than the store bought homemade ones, and not at all difficult to do.

You might enjoy a couple of taco threads I posted a while back with homemade tortillas:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111599

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119728

Keep those great posts of yours coming!

If you're ever in this area, try the meat at Ranch Market on the corner of S Redondo Blvd and Adams. Their Cornish hens are really good along with their beef and chipotle and habañero chicken!

Thanks for the info. I actually happen to love Cornish hens. I actually prefer it more than chicken. I should be around there this weekend and will make sure to stop in. Chicken sounds awesome too.

Back