BBQ Guru Wifi BGE XL - Worth it?

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Dudes in smoke -

My birfday is right around the corner and am considering bothering my wife for one of these Wifi DigiQ things for my BGE XL. Thoughts? Experiences? Sounds like a fantastic idea, but I trust you guys more than your average Amazon commenter/YouTube enthusiast.

Just my $0.02, but I have never had any issue keeping consistent temps in my Egg. Isn't that the purpose of the Guru?

I don't think you really need a fan controller for an Egg, but being able to monitor things remotely via your home network is a nice feature :-D

I like using it when I cook overnight and I want to sleep Runs the temps as I set them

I like my stoker for more for the texts it sends me than for the temp control.
You are always alerted to an emergency.

It is a cool gadget that if you get you will use! Ask for it now!

do you have trouble maintaing temps? do you have all the other eggcessories for it (the ceramicgrillstore.com stuff)?

I already had the Maverick wireless which alarms me when preset temps are reached. So I bought the PartyQ temp controller for my Primo XL instead of the DigiQ. All in all about the same investment. Well worth the moola. I can set it and forget it - I sleep through the night without worry now.

Like others have said, it's not needed. If you really want a setup like that for overnighters etc. I'd go with the PartyQ + Maverick ET732.

I do the Maverick and party Q on overnights as well.. it works fine aside from the fact that i have had very poor luck with Maverick probes. I've used that setup because i have no power where my egg is and i only use either on overnights. I suppose i could run an extension cord...

The digiQ wifi setup is by far cooler .. if that gets you pumped to go cook - i'd say get it.

I have a stoker and a partyq for my large bge. No draft control is needed BUT the partyq comes in handy for things like dinner. I get home late and set the partyq. By the time I'm done prepping my meal the bge is ready to go. For even crazier days like thanksgiving, the stoker or wifi are like having an assistant. Start the fire and let the controller do its thing. When you are notified put the food on. Come back when it tells you it's ready! Long story short, get it!

Back