the wife wants ribs....

tbone30349

Reaction score
...and we all know a happy wife is a happy life, so she gets ribs. Whats up my good people. Hope this finds u in great health and spirits. Now, the ribs...

20130320_130024.jpg

Fresh out the pack

20130320_131552.jpg

I called myself trimming em. Rubbed em up. Threw em on the egg with a grid temp between 235 and 250. Finished results in a few.

Looking good. Must say ribs are my favorite thing to have on the cooker. Don't know why so many are scared to cook them. Cant wait to see your finished product

No need to trim spares IMO. They cook up just fine whole. Wating for the finished pics... Cheers!!!

Remember, no opening that lid to take progress pictures for us poor souls who aren't cooking ribs right now! :becky:

Cool.

I always trim them way more, but can see the merits of leaving them as is.

Always wise to keep the wife happy whenever possible!

Looking good. Must say ribs are my favorite thing to have on the cooker. Don't know why so many are scared to cook them. Cant wait to see your finished product

I think it's because every smoker is going to cook them a bit differently.

When I first started smoking ribs I was going by directions of different types of smokers then mine.

Never doing ribs before I was not sure what to look for and was destroying more racks of ribs then I was getting right.

It was not intel I figured out how to tell when they were done and not go by someone else's time and temp, foil or not to foil, etc.

I use a 50 year kamado.
It smokes ribs much more different then smokers made today, so I had to learn my own smoker.

I was very frustrated when I first started smoking ribs and it took me all summer to figure it out.

Now,
That old kamado is not for sale!!!

Thank ya kindly. The wife liked the ribs. The brats liked the chicken. Everyone went to bed happy. The little bit that I trimmed, I used in baked beans.

Back