The Grill Barrow - for Kamados

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
page_image_1.jpg

I stumbled across this new table/cart design for kamados over the weekend. I was quite intrigued by it after having made the decision to build a couple tables myself for my kamado grills.

http://www.thegrillbarrow.com

This is a new company and they don't even have their sales and marketing fully in place yet. I spoke with the owner of the company this afternoon to ask about this cart. I'm trying to get one for demo and video review so we'll see what happens.

The frame is fully welded and not collapsible. It's coated in the same type of material that truck bed liners are made with and the tabletop is made from 1/2" thick cutting board material. The tires are flat-free non pneumatic and should roll nicely over about any surface.

Thoughts?

It is more functional for moving and less functional for cooking than a much nicer looking wood table.

For example, the tires and handle bars protrude into your work space just enough to be bothersome.

Even though I have to move my Eggs about 12' down a slight ramp every time I use them, I wouldn't devote the space to it in my garage.

Last edited:
I think that a simple mod to make the arms collapsible, would make it much more functional.

Looks Interesting....cost would be a major factor ...I will definately follow this thread to see what the price is!

I agree with make the arms fold down.

2. Build a table top for the top of the arms.
3. Move the arms closer together. Control will be compromised with your arms that far apart.

A lot of BGE owners are concerned about aesthetics IMO. I don't think this will fit with that. Plus, it looks hella big! I have trouble with the regular wheel barrow in my garage (constantly knocking my knees against the d@mn handles), so the grillbarrow would probably kill me. Collapsing handles may solve much of that problem.

I think it may be more functional if the wheels were smaller and moved more towards the end. Where they are right now in relation to the cooker, they look like perpetual toe-stubbers. But then, not everyone is a klutz like me!

I would probably give this a thumbs down, but I would be interested in seeing a review if you do test drive one.

I don't really care for the looks of it, but what I'd be more concerned about would be walking into those damn handles... looks like they're right at nut-level.

It is more functional for moving and less functional for cooking than a much nicer looking wood table.

For example, the tires and handle bars protrude into your work space just enough to be bothersome.

Even though I have to move my Eggs about 12' down a slight ramp every time I use them, I wouldn't devote the space to it in my garage.

I don't really care for the looks of it, but what I'd be more concerned about would be walking into those damn handles... looks like they're right at nut-level.

And here i was thinking about my knees. :shock: You're absolutely right!

I agree there is way too big of a footprint. Any stability advantage is outweighed by the width. Lots, too much, of countertop too but that makes for more weight. Otherwise it looks alot like the UDS cart I keep hoping to build.

Also of note, I really don't like the C of G in relation to moving it. Lift the handles just a few degrees too much, and you've up ended it, and there goes your 900 dollar cooker. It needs some kind of stop to prevent that.

I don 't own a komodo type cooker but my take is, if the wheels stick out enough to be bothersome then invert them so they are on the inside, as for the handles cut a board to set on them for extra space that can be removed for moving it around. If you have a uds sitting next to it then aesthetics wont matter much. But price will determine if it will take off, wooden table are very expensive.
Dave

Also of note, I really don't like the C of G in relation to moving it. Lift the handles just a few degrees too much, and you've up ended it, and there goes your 900 dollar cooker. It needs some kind of stop to prevent that.

You could be right about the c of g, maybe the wheels could be move out more to the end to allow for that.
Dave

I Keep my egg in a shed all the way across my yard .. I'd love to be able to bring it down toward a door.

Here's a couple more photos of this product:

GB01.jpg

GB02.jpg

These photos are of his updated version of the product. Apparently the photo I posted originally was the 'original' design and this is what it has become now...

My Eggs are in a nest/w Handler.Sweetest thing BGE ever did.I will NEVER bother with a PITA table again.I still have the $1000 plus monstrosity with granite top that costs more than a BGE.(Weber Kettle sittin in it now)Stupid is as stupid does.I learned from my Follies.I would much rather have one of those J M than a stupid,useless,overpiced table.I built the table myself too.So the costs were cheap compared to buying one.Nests /w/handlers make transporting BGEs like rolling a 2wheeldolly.EasyPeasey.i think the idea of you post is most useful.Thanks for making it real.AKA (pics and conversation)

I like this product. I know I am probably in the minority, but I think its super cool!

Damn. I had this idea for a two wheeled cart just a few weeks ago. Story of my life :doh:

Back