• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Home made Mac and Cheese

SteelCityBBQ

Reaction score
I really would love if someone could share a creamy Mac and Cheese recipe. I want one that can bring me back to my childhood. Thanks in advace :grin:

As you can see, this is a recipe for a crowd of people but it sure is good! :-D

Mac and Cheese

INGREDIENTS

Top with crushed goldfish cracker
8 cups shredded cheese
1.5 TSP Granulated Onion
1.5 TSP Granulated Garlic
3 TSP Pepper
3 TSP Salt
1/2 stick Velveeta
3 cups of milk
6 cans of cheddar cheese soup
3 16oz bags of XL Elbow Pasta

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cook the pasta to al dente, put in foil pan.
2. In a sauce pan combine the soup, milk, velveta and spices. Once melted, add to noodles and mix.
3. Top with shredded cheese and goldfish crackers.
4. Cook in the smoker at 300 for about an hour.
5. Sometimes I will also add cooked bacon.

I would recommend giving the smoked mac and cheese recipe from ManCaveMeals a try. Here is the link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25pTMFN6iJ8&feature=youtu.be

I recently made a variation of it and it turned out great. Instead of Chorizo I used some pork tenderloin that I had left over and substituted some of my rib rub in place of the chipotle powder or my wife would have cried foul for it being too spicy, Also added a Panko bread crumb topping toward the end. I made it on my Performer with cherry wood smoke. Here are some pics of the way it turned out.

IMAG1076_zps942f34a9.jpg

IMAG1074_zps27c2e26f.jpg

I use a big bag of elbow pasta, boil it and when draoned, add velveta cheese until you think its too much then add some more

Mac & cheese was always a treat growing up an it is one of my top 5 comfort foods. This was the recipe I grew up on and still enjoy today hope it is what your looking for.

Boil up the pasta 1 lb
1 3/4 cup milk (Whole milk is there any other kind)
2 tbl butter (the real stuff)
Chunk up 1 lb of Velveta type cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of cayenne

Boil pasta drain do not rinse and toss with the butter and shredded cheddar put this into an 11X9 greased casserole.

Heat the milk over low heat add the mustard powder cayenne and the nutmeg once steam rises( do not boil !!!!) from the milk stir in the velveta once combined pour over pasta and bake in a 350 deg oven 1 hr.

Mac n Cheese with a little kick

1 lb macaroni cooked. In pan melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Add 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp pepper, 1 1/2 tsp cayenne. Mix all together till smooth. Add 4 cups milk, 3 tablespoons of franks red hot, 6 slices of American cheese, one container of laughing cow chipotle soft cheese, 1/2 block of cream cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan.Melt all together and pour over cooked macaroni. add to crockpot on low setting.

Now every time I see or hear this I can't help but to think of the Friends episode with Joey auditioning for the show "Mac & C.H.E.E.S.E." :cool:

I think the secret to good mac and cheese is making the roux before you add the cheese. Always helps mine from separating into a grease slick. Never done baked mac and cheese though.

The only thing I can really add here is use 3+ types of cheese. I usually have cheddar, asiago, mozzarella, parmesan, gouda and brie as a base for my mac n cheese.

I think the secret to good mac and cheese is making the roux before you add the cheese. Always helps mine from separating into a grease slick. Never done baked mac and cheese though.

Good point. I used to do the Velveeta thing, but if you're going to eat mac and cheese, you should use real cheese. I have borrowed from Martha Stewart's recipe for mac and cheese, but used masa for the roux.

It's baked, but I think I'm going to have to stick it on the smoker this weekend.

Back