Custom Fit Backwoods Run Dry Insert

How many of you run you Backwoods dry now or have wanted to.

• Run Dry Now

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Have wanted to try it

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Just a passing thought

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Leave it alone its a Backwoods

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
anything lighter than a pan full of sand, the better

We did custom cut firebricks to fit the water pan exactly in our party. It was a nice experiment. We went back to water. Didn't give us the end product we were looking for.

My biggest gripe about my Party is disposing of the greasy water at home. I would be interested in seeing what you are thinking.

I run dry for birds, made the best turkey ever last week, one issue I have though is the temp likes to creep up a bit,

My biggest gripe about my Party is disposing of the greasy water at home. I would be interested in seeing what you are thinking.

Disposing of the greasy water would be a deal breaker for me and would most likely influence me to not buy one. I have a WSM, and after dealing with greasy water for a while, I switched to the clay pot mod. I understand that the Backwoods is vastly different from a WSM, but my experience with greasy water in my WSM would be an impediment to purchasing a Backwoods if I were to upgrade my pit. Just my $0.02.

My issue is the bark tends to run a little soft in the BWS – it is not the end of the world but it is softer than I like. It comes off perfect in my Tucker but I hate firing it up for just a few butts or brisket.

I like a little water but there seems to be more moisture than needed in my Party.

The greasy water is not an issue for me – I have a siphon pump and I drain it into a bucket. I can throw it at my neighbor or just pour it back behind the compost pile.

Thanks for the input so far guys this will most likely take a bit of R & D to get it right .

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Hmmm...If ya send me a fatboy to "test" I'll be more than happy to come up with a solution/conclusion...:)

I let the greasy water evaporate by burning through the coals. I foil the water pan, am I missing something, RonL?

I let the greasy water evaporate by burning through the coals. I foil the water pan, am I missing something, RonL?

Well, I'm not a wealthy BBQ entrepreneur like you. :becky: I shut down the vents to try to save the leftover charcoal, so I am left with greasy water to get rid of, and it isn't going down the sink or in the sewer, and if I dump it on the grass every coyotes for miles would be in my yard.

I use foil pans in the water pan, but it's still a pain. I guess i can let the fire burn down and boil the water away, but that seems wasteful.

Ok so it looks like there will be model for the removable water pan style. You will take the water pan out and use the insert will go in it's place. For the permanent water pan there will be a drop in insert.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Back