• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef Heart Recipes???? or suggestions

4dueces

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on how to cook a beef heart? Other than pickling? I'd be interested to hear some suggesstions. Low and Slow??

'Bout the only way I've done it is slice it half way through top to bottom to open it up, remove all the rubbery stuff (tendons & valves & etc.), slice it about 1/4" thick, dredge in flour & seasonings of your choice and fry it. Makes a great snack. Cheers!!!

Pastrami;

Cure with tenderquick, smoke to 150° internal, pressure cook to tenderize. Slice thin and enjoy!

This 1 needed to cure a little longer but it was still good eats. Beef tongue at the top of Pic.

DSCF1662.jpg

Cheers:wink:

Grind it and use in hot dog chili. BH is the ingredient in Detroit Coney Sauce that gives it its unique flavor and that most people find hard to identify.

Cut the top off, remove the internals, stuff it with a cabbage leaf, an onion, a celery stalk and a bay leaf. Cook in a 15psi pressure cooker with one cup of beef broth for 45 minutes, natural cool down, don't vent the pressure. OR braise in 3 to 4 cups of beef broth, celery, onion and carrots for 2 to 30 hours. Prepare some mushrooms and wild rice, remove the seasonings from the heart cavity and stuff with your rice and mushroom stuffing. Place on a broiler pan and put under broiler to sear, turning to sear all sides. Serve with mushroom gravy.

:hungry: WOW, i was going to give the heart away but after seeing some of the suggestions, I might change my mind. Thanks to all of the suggestions.

Don't you go and give the heart away, it is GOOOOOD! If you would like the recipe I used for the buffalo heart, I'll try and find the link.

Back