Farm party!

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
A little BBQ for a nine year olds birthday.

Picked up some duck and lamb as the MIL wouldn't let me cook her 'pets'
2nluudk.jpg

Out at the farm there are miles and miles of blackberry's so the boy and I picked Berry's and gathered natural woods from around the property and got to work on the lamb.
jgmm9w.jpg

Those Lump fairies RTD talks about. :)

r85s7s.jpg

We crushed ripe Berry's then made an seasoned liquid and injected the lamb in several spots then rubbed with rosemary, thyme and pepper.
11r3aes.jpg

The duck got the easy treatment and we let the fat drip directly on the onions that were sat below in a cast iron pan.

14uhr2a.jpg

124bz0x.jpg

Also attending were three pork butts.

kunuv.jpg

A few double cheese burgers..

20uajqg.jpg

The birthday boy demanded we fly the American flag so people could find the party...I had no problem with that:icon_cool

2rbyy6r.jpg

The kids kept busy with a pool, bouncy castle, feeding the ducks and rabbits, bouncing on the trampoline and visiting the horses.

1zxa905.jpg

The dog even got in on the fun..

jjtiu1.jpg

Tiny people like Zero G too.

1kq60.jpg

Gotta have these for the kids!!!
14tpuef.jpg

Granted not every kid got away goo free.lol

eahxyo.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great farm party! I am a paramedic here in the US so the last pic caught my eye. Annnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd you gave me a great idea for either Chocolate raspberry smores or blueberry or blackberry or even mulberry. Wheeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Very nice Brother. In the pictures, that phone booth looks to be of smoker quality. Have you checked it out?

Now thats the way to throw a party, good food, good friends and good times!

Good food, good times.
Oh yes!!
I don't remember what was in these but man we were hammered!!:twisted:

161kf20.jpg

Outstanding!
I want a piece of the lamb please.

You got it. :cool:

v6lp3r.jpg

Looks like a great farm party! I am a paramedic here in the US so the last pic caught my eye. Annnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd you gave me a great idea for either Chocolate raspberry smores or blueberry or blackberry or even mulberry. Wheeeeeee!!!!!!!!
That sweatshirt was mine till I gre ot of it. I worked for them back in Cali, Norco should know them from San Dimas. They were bought out by Mercy then Careline and now are owned by AMR.
Her farm ( the MIL ) shares a property line with the dairy and the owner wants to buy her nine acres but she wont sell. Good on her.
33eo3dw.jpg

I have to say it's tough collecting the branches from the berry bushes but the smoke was nice.

Very nice Brother. In the pictures, that phone booth looks to be of smoker quality. Have you checked it out?
Checked it out but it's made of wood and not metal like the newer ones. It's got to be some 50 years old but still in use.
Thing is it accepts no coins.
erh7gw.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, could I please have an invite to your next cookout. Looks like everyone had a Great Time. Food looks outstanding!

Man.... I"m jumping on the airplane and coming right over the next time you plan a party like that!!!

Love the picture of the dog....

Awesome!

RMR

One of the better posts I have read in a while. Thanks for sharing.

Back