Smoked a Pork Butt, Yum with pR0n

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Did this little cook Monday night:

Rubbed down a little 3.5 pound pork butt with mustard, and SM Spicey Apple and Pecan rubs. I don't usually use the mustard, but for some reason it just sounded "right" this time.:noidea:

Any way, Here's the show;
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt013_zpsa6a76d90.jpg

Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt015_zps62fd30d5.jpg

A little Ale to help the chef through the grueling cook;
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt017_zps9441be67.jpg

Cooked to an IT of 160, foiled, then up to 200-205, probed a couple times til tender, placed in cooler for couple hours. By the way, cooked over lump with a few chunks of applewood. Came out really tasty, juicy and tender.
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt022_zps68dc4851.jpg

Plated with some cabbage, carrot an brocolli slaw, and some hashbrowned ptatoes.
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt026_zps90b92f3f.jpg

No bite shots, but it was real tasty.

KC

I have never tried mustard on any of my meats this is making me think I may want to try it . Any taste of the mustard after being cooked any real benefit to the mustard?

I have never tried mustard on any of my meats this is making me think I may want to try it . Any taste of the mustard after being cooked any real benefit to the mustard?

I've never done a side by side test if you will, But I have not been able to taste the mustard after the cook. Seems odd to me considering how strong mustard is. I should do a side by side tasting with and without, to see if I notice any dif.

KC

Nice looking stuff dude/dudette! Yeah, the mustard flavor (as most flavors) dies after a long cook. But salt doesn't...
Nice post. Thanks!

Nice looking stuff dude/dudette! Yeah, the mustard flavor (as most flavors) dies after a long cook. But salt doesn't...
Nice post. Thanks!

Thanks Marty, Dude will suffice, lol. I appreciate the kudos from you.

KC

Man, you've really got this cookin' thing down, Code3. That cookout looks wonderfully scrumptious! I, too, am a big fan of yellow mustard for slathering. Mayonnaise also works extremely well I find.

Back