View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
MAsQue
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks, everyone, for your comments.

I agree that at $1800 either the paint shop owner is crazy or he thinks I am. (On the other hand, I seem to run into more and more people who, rather than tell you they don't have time for a job or just aren't interested in doing it, quote you some outrageous price knowing you'll refuse it. I don't understand it though - If you're too busy now, I might come back to you for something else later, but jerk me around now and I'll never bother with you again.)

If I could have found someone to do the job for a couple of hundred bucks, I would have gladly paid it just so I could complete the finish carpentry in the new living room and start ripping out the old bathroom (expanding my kitchen) and still have the paint job done by our next comp over the July 4th weekend. I guess I just have to get my priorities straight. Looks like I'm getting out the compressor and the sandblaster and putting the tarp down in the driveway over the weekend.

Thirdeye - I can't remember the last time I heard the name "Earl Scheib", although I think there used to still be one in Brooklyn. You're showing your age on that one! Truth be told, I can remember when the price was $59.95, so I guess I'm a little bit longer in the tooth than you are.

Ma's 'Que Crew BBQ Team
Ma's BBQ and Catering
"Texas BBQ" propane tank stick burner
Brinkman Cimmaron
CBJ #6502
MAsQue is offline   Reply With Quote