• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is your go to wing rub and sauce?

Big dawg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cooking a bunch of wings for Super Bowl need some ideas on rubs and sauces. All I got right now is mad hunky but we want to try something different. Thanks.

Jrow

Cook em the original way.

No rub.

Franks hot sauce.

Thats it!

I just made some with some dizzy pig jamacain firewalk then tossed in franks red hot

3 Eyz rub with Texas Pete mixed with a little butter as the sauce. Good stuff!

No rub.
For hot - Frank's RedHot sauce, butter and Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix.
For sweet - Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce.

I put wings in a bowl squeeze parkay on to coat them, hit them with dirty d rub, on my UDS I load up the first rack place the second rack on an load that one up to...cook at 325* for a hour pull them off into a clean bowl and mix Borderline Gourmet jalapeno marinade on and listen to the roar of the crowed.

It's kinda hard to find my misses get's it in El Paso when she goes home for Christmas it's jap hot, says it's made here in Austin but I've never seen it here. Austin gift company might have it if anywhere.
20130131_212502.jpg

Famous Dave's Chickn' Wing rub with Frank's Redhot, butter, garlic powder, onion powder and a ground pepper for heat. Cayenne, ground red or my favorite ghost chilies.

My neighbor had great wings one night, I asked what he used. Straight Frank's, but he marinades overnight. I am planning on using my wing sauce for that marinade

Crystal extra hot wing sauce and scirracha is my go to sauce. I like the heat and garlic flavor of it.

Pleaseeeee put some type of seasoning on your wings!!!! I use seasoned salt, black pepper and a little paprika. Season the night before cooking and place in the fridge. Without any seasoning all you have is the wing sauce for flavor on your wings. And once you get past the sauce you're just eating plain bland chicken wings. For my sauce it's the simple butter, Franks, Worshy, garlic powder and cajun seasoning.

I found a good recipe on the hog blog called APL wings search it sure I didn't post the thread right but did give credit also I think mister Bob is a member of the bbq brethren

One thing you can do, if you have time, is inject each wing with some hot sauce before grilling, smoking, of frying. The drummette won't hold the injection but the flat wing tip does! Lil pocket of hot sauce as you bite into em. If you deep fry, be careful using this method as it will make for some effects when the sauce hits the oil.
Landarc's ginger/scallion oil is also REAALLLY good!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83447&highlight=ginger+oil
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83357&highlight=ginger+oil

1 part black pepper
1 part garlic salt
1 part oregano
1/4 cayenne
I got this rub from Steve Raichlen's "Barbeque Bible" - Eat it and Beat it Wings. The recipe in the book is equal parts of each ingredient, but my family find the cayenne a bit much. I also rub with a bit of olive oil.
Sauce - I like 'em nekkid, but I defer once again to my household and sauce them with BBQ sauce of choice-1/2 cup, with 1 Tblspn margarine, heat in microwave(med-low) 'til melted. Pour sauce on wings, toss, serve.

My mojo wings - Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head & either doctored up Blues Hog or SBR/Honey/Pineapple Juice

Patio Daddio's finger stickin' chicken sauce. I generally use SM sweet and spicy. If you want them a little hotter try some Oakridge HDD.

Back