Homesteader trailer

U

ulikabbq

I am looking at a used Homesteader trailer Does anyone here know anything about the Homesteader brand. Good/Bad?

for the long haul I would go with a WellsCargo, really well built!!! 2nd would be Haulmark (a far 2nd). Look at the framing of the homesteder.. the next thing is price!! is it cheap?

IMO you should look for a 8' or 8.5' trailer. I looked at a lot of 7' and when I saw a 8' I said WOW!!!! There is a huge difference just looking at it. If you can......I'd search a little loner. I found many 8' wide. Here is mine when I bought it. It is a 8x18 Haulmark. Watch your ceiling height too, so you're not bumping your head..

8' wide
IMG_0179.jpg

7' wide

7x14in.JPG

I would love the extra head space...got to go 6'6" if you can..price seems cheap enough to make the sacrifice..

Sal

I agree, if you have made your mind up on the size you want, go larger.... I kinda wish I had after getting mine. I looked at a LOT, and had I too am not fond of knocking the old head on roof ribs.... I found what I thought was the best.... went to look, and was not impressed with it. So the owner showed me around different makes, etc. The last one he showed me, was a 6 1/2 ft interior.... I had looked at these on line, and had read the specs compared to others. It was rock solid compared to the others he had on the lot as well. So, I bought it. I had made my mind up on a 6x12.... now looking back, I kinda wish I had gotten at least the 7ft wide, and maybe a couple of feet longer.... next time.

Anyway, do a lot of research, and don't jump too fast. Go and look different brands over, get the specs, then decide. Here is a thread for a post I made on mine, don't buy from them... they will NOT stand behind their warranty. It is a very well made trailer, I really like it, tows great, solid, just they do not stand behind their workmanship. DO NOT BUY A LARK UNITED trailer.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56564

Just my 2 cents worth....

Bill

Back