Lamb shanks. (Pron)

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've had these in the freezer for a while and decided I'd do them tonight. Seasoned them with Rosemary, garlic, arbol chilies, salt and evoo mashed in the pestle and smeared on. Seasoned them liberally cuz I didn't have overnight. Anyways, did them with a portobello mushroom and some roasted sweet potato. They were great, def gonna do them again.

Cheers!

Attachments

• screen-capture-322.jpg
    screen-capture-322.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 156
  • screen-capture-335.jpg
    screen-capture-335.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 153
  • screen-capture-333.jpg
    screen-capture-333.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 153
  • screen-capture-331.jpg
    screen-capture-331.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 152
  • screen-capture-330.jpg
    screen-capture-330.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 152
  • screen-capture-329.jpg
    screen-capture-329.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 151
  • screen-capture-327.jpg
    screen-capture-327.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 151
  • screen-capture-326.jpg
    screen-capture-326.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 151
  • screen-capture-325.jpg
    screen-capture-325.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 153
  • screen-capture-323.jpg
    screen-capture-323.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 154
  • screen-capture-336.jpg
    screen-capture-336.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 154
Well after dinner I was thinking of all the things I have to do tomorrow and all the stress I've been dealing with... work, the build, and all the other chit happening recently so I figured I'd follow Jeanie's (Cowgirl) post and thought I could do with a little me time. Well the wife's asleep, so I thought I'd take some time away... I grabbed a smoke, a glass of 21 y/o Appleton (chilled/neat) and headed to the furthest place I could get for now... My lawn chair up on the roof. :thumb: It was well needed. It's good to get away and have your thoughts to yourself once in a while!

Cheers.

Attachments

• screen-capture-338.jpg
    screen-capture-338.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 148
  • screen-capture-340.jpg
    screen-capture-340.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
PhrastY! You making me hungry! Its my bedtime! I just saw Diners, Drive in's and Dives last night and they did Lamb shanks... Yours look better!
Yeah, I like to "getaway" also! I usually do it with a Steinlager, and a cigar or pipe...
thanks for the reminder!

Hey Phrasty,

Well, it's been a while since this award went out last, but you so totally nailed those shanks!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Congratulations!!!!

You are the 6th person to be awarded the ALF Tick of approval.

You can cook for me anytime!

Cheers!

Bill

Those look beautiful Phrasty! That tater was HUGH! Nice meal.

Nice work PhrastY. Those shanks look just awesome. And congrats on the ALF award from Bill. I'll send you an invitation to the club.

That is an absolute work of art. The food, pron and of course the get away. Looks like you had a awesome evening. Never been real big on lamb but after seeing yours I think I might have to try it.

Well after dinner I was thinking of all the things I have to do tomorrow and all the stress I've been dealing with... work, the build, and all the other chit happening recently so I figured I'd follow Jeanie's (Cowgirl) post and thought I could do with a little me time. Well the wife's asleep, so I thought I'd take some time away... I grabbed a smoke, a glass of 21 y/o Appleton (chilled/neat) and headed to the furthest place I could get for now... My lawn chair up on the roof. :thumb: It was well needed. It's good to get away and have your thoughts to yourself once in a while!

Cheers.

Oh Wow!! You've got a great get away! I bet that was relaxing.... love the drink and cigar pic too. Thanks Phrasty! :cool::thumb:
Forgot to mention...your supper looks fantastic!

PhrastY! You making me hungry! Its my bedtime! I just saw Diners, Drive in's and Dives last night and they did Lamb shanks... Yours look better!
Yeah, I like to "getaway" also! I usually do it with a Steinlager, and a cigar or pipe...
thanks for the reminder!
:becky: It was kinda late... Sorry Bro. The "getaway" was well needed! :thumb:

Hey Phrasty,

Well, it's been a while since this award went out last, but you so totally nailed those shanks!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Congratulations!!!!

You are the 6th person to be awarded the ALF Tick of approval.

You can cook for me anytime!

Cheers!

Bill
Well first off I'd like to thank God... You know... for giving us such a tasty animal!! Then I'd like to thank my Moms, and my brethren and all the little people that help me do what I do!! Thank you, thank you! :bow: :becky: & thank you Sir Aussie! I'm glad you approved

Nice! Perfect way to end the day.
Indeed! Thanks! :thumb:

Those look beautiful Phrasty! That tater was HUGH! Nice meal.
Thanks Gary... Who was that tater?? You knew him? I'm so sorry. My condolences! :shock: :becky:

Cheers

Nice work PhrastY. Those shanks look just awesome. And congrats on the ALF award from Bill. I'll send you an invitation to the club.
Thanks Bill. Got the invite.. Glad to be a part of the elite! :becky::thumb:

Show off.:becky:
attachment.php

Nice choice in the Dominican. Plus, the shanks look excellent!:thumb::thumb:
Thanks Deguerre. Was gonna pull for a Cuban but it felt like a mellow night! :becky::becky: Was a great smoke too. Nubbed it! :thumb: Think I saw somewhere you have a pretty nice collection as well, am I right? I used to make high end Humidors a couple years back.

Is it wrong to want lamb shanks for breakfast?
I don't see why not... but thats just me! :heh::crazy:

Nice work Phrasty...Excellent Pron!:cool:
Thanks Phu! :wink::wink:

Cheers

Last edited:
That is an absolute work of art. The food, pron and of course the get away. Looks like you had a awesome evening. Never been real big on lamb but after seeing yours I think I might have to try it.
I Love lamb... Such a great flavor! Well prepared lamb is amazing... bad lamb is well... BAD! Let me know if you try it again.

That looks awesome Great after dinner relaxation Thanks for the Pics
Thanks Bredrin! :cool::thumb:

Oh Wow!! You've got a great get away! I bet that was relaxing.... love the drink and cigar pic too. Thanks Phrasty! :cool::thumb:
Forgot to mention...your supper looks fantastic!
Thanks a bunch Jeanie... Great Idea, even better timing! Cheers. :thumb:

Shanks look great. I'm not a cigar smoker but the pic looks cool.
Thought all you Mafia guys liked a good stogie? :confused: lol Thanks Bro!

Cheers everyone! Thanks again.

Back