Thread: Performer
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #22
BobM
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgledy View Post
Is the Performer with the gas igniter worth the extra money over the OTG? It seems like a huge jump in money, to me.
This is a personal matter.
My BBQ area has limited space, I need to keep it flexable. I choose an OTG and got 2 small side tables which I can move around and use with my WSMs as well. I like my 22 1/2" OTG so much, I just got a 26 3/4" one too.
I use a high output propane torch to light the charcoal in my WSM, it works just as good in my OTG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgledy View Post
Can a kettle smoke meat as well as a WSM? I'm talking about the taste of the finished product not temperature control or convenience. It sounds like WSM controls temp better and requires less attention during the burn.
On a short smoke, with a small amount of food, kettles are great.
On a longer smoke, WSMs are better due to their fuel and grate capacity.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |

Last edited by BobM; 05-04-2013 at 07:18 AM..
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote