BBQ sauce - should I regift?

cameraman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It seems every year I get a q related gift from the secret Santa at work. Last year it was a thermo fork that still sits unopened in the q cabinet. This year it was a 3 pack of hot sauces that I'm good with and a 3 pack of Budweiser bbq sauces. Anyone familiar with them? Worth a try or should I just give it to a food bank?

This is really funny that you posted this today. I got Budweiser BBQ sauce last year for Xmas. About an hour ago i opened it to try from the back of the cupboard. Well it wasn't that bad actually. Had a nice spice and I think I will use it to glaze some chicken on the grill.

I got the 3 pack of Budweiser sauce 3 years ago, awful. I donated the the other two.

Thanks. I thought so. My takeaway is if you're a secret Santa, don't give someone who is into something a related gift unless you know a little about what they're into. Better to go in a different direction.

My guy got a kitchen fire extinguisher for his new home. While he didn't look too excited I found comfort knowing that one day he might be grateful. He's really young and I'm sure to inexperienced to buy one for himself.

Maybe use it as a base and doctor it up some until you get it to something of your liking? Do a little experimentation and see what you come up with. I wasn't a huge fan of the Bud sauce when I had it...had a weird aftertaste (and I'm not usually too picky about food). Not the best but tolerable/edible!

My BIL gave me a thermo-fork. He loved using his to turn steak into shoe-leather. He figured I'd want one -- or that I'd use one so his steaks wouldn't look so bad in comparison.

As for the sauces, who do you not like, that you feel obligated to give something to? :heh:

CD

Thanks. I thought so. My takeaway is if you're a secret Santa, don't give someone who is into something a related gift unless you know a little about what they're into. Better to go in a different direction.

My guy got a kitchen fire extinguisher for his new home. While he didn't look too excited I found comfort knowing that one day he might be grateful. He's really young and I'm sure to inexperienced to buy one for himself.

well, hope he never has to feel grateful because he had to use it! I remember not realizing that a fire extinguisher was a good idea until after i had been a homeowner for several years. You did a good thing.

I'd donate it to the help house or one of the kid's school food drives.

My BIL gave me a thermo-fork. He loved using his to turn steak into shoe-leather. He figured I'd want one -- or that I'd use one so his steaks wouldn't look so bad in comparison.

CD

I suggest you get a thermapen.

Donate or re-gift. I won a set of the Budweiser sauces at a comp and promptly gave them away mainly because they weren't gluten free. But, I'm pretty particular about BBQ sauce too so I probably wouldn't have eaten them either way.

CD

Let me guess...he heard about your Thermapen story? :doh:

You could anonymously simmer some ribs in it in the crockpot in the lunchroom at work and leave the empty bottles next to the crockpot. I'm sure the average coworker would be tickled! :razz:

Meh, the Bud sauce is alright. And that's coming from a St. Louis native where A.B. (InBev:tsk:) is HQed. So sure, get rid of it.

If you want real good "Bud sauce", get a bottle of Mauls and pour some Bud or Busch in with the Mauls. Consume the rest of the beer..That's the most important step and must not be skipped! :thumb:

Makes a mighty fine sauce for cookin' up pork steaks.

Back