Smoking Question

10-7

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have only smoked a few pork loins and 1 pork shoulder. My question is how to make smoked hamburgers. I can cook a lot of things and have created a lot of my own dishes but have not smoked a lot of stuff. Ok on with it,how long do you smoke the burgers for and what ratio of fat to meat in the beef ? I like my burgers medium to medium well but juicy please help !

Ken (10-7)

Smoked burgers probably aren't going to be juicy since the longer cook time will render the fat out of them. I would use 80/20 ground beef and either grill or do a reverse sear as chunkylatinlover describes.

I cook pit burgers every time I fire Behula. I go with 80/20 I mix my burgers with Wooster &Uncle Chris's gourmet steak seasoning and freeze them over night.I put them on frozen, they take about 35-40 min. Yellar mustard onion & pickles is a nice finish.

Great tips & triks from All! But I lost something bigger..... 80/20 what????

80/20 is the lean to fat ratio for ground beef here in the states.

To the OP, go with 80/20 beef and cook them indirect on the grill with some wood chunks of your choice for 30 minutes, then sear over direct until your preferred done-ness

I made smoked, stuffed, bacon wrapped burgers for memorial weekend last year. I took two 1/4" patties and sandwiched them together with some cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers in between. I then hit these with my rub, wrapped them in bacon and sent them to the smoker. When they got to about 155 internal, I went out and slapped them with some sauce, to give it a chance to carmelize. The end result is the bit of goodness you see here:

I even smoked a little patty for the dog. :-D

These were by far some of the best burgers I've ever made. I'll definitely do it again!

Back