• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Yorkers... Pastrami?????

Pastrami & Fatty pics. Will keep working on the right combination of salt & spice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled the remaining half of the pastrami we makde last week out of the fridge.

gave it a simple steaming in a bamboo steamer till temps inside were... well I was targeting 190 before sampling. Well that didnt happen.. i got it up to about 170 and jackie came down hungry. So we sliced a piece off...

and another

and another..

and another.....

What a difference!!! That steaming step really is what makes it.. it removed all the excess saltiness, changed the texture and it was really pastrami. We ate the entire thing while the steamer was still setting in the pot. We sat at the table with a jar of mustard, a slicing board, carving knife, and everyone had a fork..

so.. the first half of this hunk of meat was a flop last week.. and the second half a week later.... success!. It can only get better from here.. THANKS everyone for straightening me out.

(How the hell do you guys take those close ups?)

Attachments

• IMG_1328[1].jpg
    IMG_1328[1].jpg
    64 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1327[1].jpg
    IMG_1327[1].jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1329[1].jpg
    IMG_1329[1].jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 64
(How the hell do you guys take those close ups?)

Thats funny

yeah yeah.. i know.. get closer.. :twisted::confused::tongue:

Well, Thirdeye, Curt, RTD takes food pron and it looks like artwork, I take it and it looks like roadkill.:redface:

yeah yeah.. i know.. get closer.. :twisted::confused::tongue:

Well, Thirdeye, Curt, RTD takes food pron and it looks like artwork, I take it and it looks like roadkill.:redface:

Check and see if your camera has a macro mode. That should point you in the right direction. :-D

I'm definitely giving the steaming a try, since I don't have a pressure cooker.

Check and see if your camera has a macro mode. That should point you in the right direction. :-D

found it! I kept on looking in all the settings and never saw one.. couldnt believe a a canon S2/is wouldnt have one... so I downloaded the manual and discovered this little button on the side of the lens. :roll::cool:

and this is NOT to say that all of a sudden my pictures will be in focus. for some reason whenever I hold a camera, it seems I have the hands of a drunken surgeon. :redface:

Back