what do you when you cross UDS, a plamsa cutter and a CL performer?

davefan360

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I was going to sell my UDS or pass it on to some one new into BBQ I went to get it ready and the bottom was rusted out. that sucks. Now what? do I trash it? Nope better Idea. My buddy left his plasma cutter at my house so I fired it up cut the top 11in off the UDS, then added that ring to my CL performer. Now I can add one more rack or do a large bird. I also might add a rotisserie as I just happen to have 2 that I found in the shed when we bought the house. http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/droptine27/DSCF7313.jpg

I need to clean it up some and tweak the ring just a tad.

Nice, how is the seal to the kettle? I thought about it once my UDS is on it's last leg.

the bottom seal is tight, its on the inside of the kettle. the top is kind of out of round say 80% tight. however the top of my UDS was bent so it never sealed tight tight tight.

I am thinking I will make the pizza thing out of the bottom of the drum. this all defats the main reason of selling the drum in the first place, lack of space. But 2 little rings will not take up that much room right?

I am thinking I will make the pizza thing out of the bottom of the drum. this all defats the main reason of selling the drum in the first place, lack of space. But 2 little rings will not take up that much room right?

You can store the rings on your kettles so they take up no extra space.

Great idea.

Great re-use of the UDS.
Paint that ring yellow and you'll have nice Green Bay colors!

Back