Canadian Turkey Day Marathon

After an hour of high boil, here is what the apples look like...
The smell of heated cinnamon is absolutely fantastic... :thumb:
Ready to turn down to a simmer for the next couple hours... The gravy pot continues to boil... we usually run it all day... adding a little water when necessary, but maintaining a "concentrate" of juices till later.
yQM8GHfl.jpg

Getting the taters ready for the Performer... a little Dill Weed, Lemon Pepper, Curry Powder and touch of Chilli Powder with butter... gonna be great..! :-D
rdpdXDjl.jpg

JzIkZm4l.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Goldenfinger! Everything looks fantastic. What a great feast! :-D

Just after the 1 hour rolling boil... we chose to add another 4 Cups of hot water to the mix. At the 2 hour mark (after a 1 hour simmer) I removed the cinnamon sticks and hit-up the batch with the potato masher... we'll wait another hour and continue to let the brew melt-down. The gravy pot continues to boil.
GbTMlD1l.jpg

Turkey is now off the UDS and covered/resting in the oven. Drip pan was also removed and the drippings added to the gravy pot... more Pron to follow...

Taters cooking on the Performer...
mHvTIDXl.jpg

After getting the apples boiled down to "apple sauce" we started the straining process... immediately we discovered that we had more sauce then juice leftover...
SqAXkGxl.jpg

Back in the pot with 8 Cups of hot water... we will strain-off again after boiling together the flavours, but not losing all our water content. The gravy pot with drippings added.
SGdnPfql.jpg

After a little boiling... we strained into a stainless bowl through a colander. Then from the bowl back into the pot through a typical strainer. Then added 1/4 tsp of ground cloves, 1/4 tsp of ground allspice and 1/3 Cup of Corn Syrup.
Let simmer together.
owtDs9cl.jpg

The gravy pot continues to boil, while the pork shoulder is right in the middle of the "stall"...

more to come.

Lookin good! I'm itching to try a turkey on the Pit Barrel, but alas She Who Must Be Obeyed (ie. Mrs. JeffH) won't here of it!

Oh well, happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadian Brethren!

She's missing out on a real treat.

CD

Mmmm... the finished product... :icon_smile_tongue:

5ii2X0gl.jpg

Turnips and carrots for the side... Gravy pot almost ready for the mix...

eYeINk9l.jpg

Pork shoulder is within 10F of being done and the potatoes are nice and soft out on the Weber...

Okay... the wrap-up.

Turkey was amazing. I was so busy getting things done... I almost forgot the Pron...
ThsScWml.jpg

Pork Shoulder was great too... just pulled it apart with a couple of forks and let everyone add some Roxy mustard sauce as desired.
2GyUp0Hl.jpg

My first plate...
ODoLyfol.jpg

It was a great day... lots of football, family and great food... everything found here, plus some additional stuffing, salads, buns, vino, etc. I ate so much main course... couldn't even get into the pumpkin pies or cake... maybe tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone from the Brethren who's idea's were either used, borrowed, altered or contributed in any way to the making of this great day..! :thumb:

Back