Roll Call. Inside 30 days. New York City BBQ Cookoff Staten Island, NY

Late Night Hoggers should be there, considering the check was cashed. Does anyone know if some sort of packet gets mailed / e mailed out to the competitors? I have not really heard anything and it is less than 30 days to the event.

Chicken Chokers will be there competing and supporting team OBR for PC. Gonna be a great one. looking forward to seeing you there Sean..... wondering how that Cali comp went for you

I don't think they have a cook's packet yet (or if they will). If you have any questions you can try calling Jacob, Eze's asst.. That's who I spoke with although he didn't have a lot of information. If you need his number PM me, I'll hook you up.
From what I understand they are trying to get as many people as possible to do the PC contest which starts during turn-ins @ 12:30.

Cali was fun, great people, extremely well organized contest with nice payouts at a fabulous venue and Big Poppa's Friday night dinner. I doesn't get much better!

Smokopolis BBQ will be there. Xantrex powerpack, car battery, and all! No PC for us because it conflicts with turn-in times. Did anyone get a call asking (begging) them to do PC? They tried to say that Pitmasters would be there if they get enough teams doing PC. Why would Pitmasters give a crap about a PC contest? lol.

Smokopolis BBQ will be there. Xantrex powerpack, car battery, and all! No PC for us because it conflicts with turn-in times. Did anyone get a call asking (begging) them to do PC? They tried to say that Pitmasters would be there if they get enough teams doing PC. Why would Pitmasters give a crap about a PC contest? lol.

I'm in and currently have been suckered into Peoples Choice. Yeah, I'll beat the OBR team for sure. LOL.

we would likely cook PCs as long as we did not have hand out the food during our turn in times. If they want us so badly to do PCs, maybe try to get a bunch of volunteers, set them up at a booth, and have them hand out our PCs food.

Cooking it and handing off trays is one thing, helping promote to get people to come to your site and hand out food, while doing KCBS turn ins is another thing.

We tried it last year and it was just not feasible for us. We would like to support the promoter, so if they worked with us, I am sure we can work with them.

I did get the same call about the PC. I'm really not understanding the whole thing, they want us to pay extra to enter it, supply our own meats, serve during turn ins and on,y have a $750 winner take all payout.

In all the comps I have done, I have never done a peoples choice, so we are doing it. Not a fan that it is during turn ins, but we have 5 people, so I will prob have 2 or 3 just handle that so I can get our turn ins in. See what happens!! Can't wait to get the first comp of the year under my belt already!

Blackeyed Pig will be there and yes, I got suckered into the PC too. And from what I know about reality TV I'll leave it to people better looking and better spoken than me.

One more thing, I was told there was a sponsor giving 10 lbs. of butts to anyone participating in the PC. Anyone know anything about this?

Back