• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Cape Cod BBQ Championship

Q Haven

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The Cape Cod BBQ Championship will be held Saturday June 12th and Sunday June 13th at the Peter's Pond Campground in Sandwich, Massachusetts. The event will feature a KCBS contest Sunday and an "Anything Butt," one category grilling event Saturday, with a tentative turn in time of 6PM Saturday.

More details will be announced in the next couple of weeks, and the packet and application will be available before the end of the month.

This will be my first organizing effort, but with the support and assistance of my friends at the New England Barbecue Society I am sure this will be a great event and will hopefully bring this New England tradition back to life!

Save the date!

Last edited:
Ted,

This sounds great.

Just an FYI. The Rockin Ribfest in NH has listed these same dates on their website. (Although they have nothing on KCBS as of now.)

Ted,

This sounds great.

Just an FYI. The Rockin Ribfest in NH has listed these same dates on their website. (Although they have nothing on KCBS as of now.)

Normally New Hampshire is the following weekend. I hope that is wrong because that would be a major conflict.

The Cape Cod BBQ Championship will be held Saturday June 12th and Sunday June 13th at the Peter's Pond Campground in Sandwich, Massachusetts. The event will feature a KCBS contest Sunday and an "Anything Butt," one category grilling event Saturday, with a tentative turn in time of 6PM Saturday.

More details will be announced in the next couple of weeks, and the packet and application will be available before the end of the month.

This will be my first organizing effort, but with the support and assistance of my friends at the New England Barbecue Society I am sure this will be a great event and will hopefully bring this New England tradition back to life!

Save the date!

Great to hear it! NY is here, let us know if we can help!

Cool, we won our first ever KCBS event at Peters Pond. Is this a state championship?

Chris

The 2010 Rock ‘N Ribfest Is On The Way!

Save These Dates:

JUNE 11-13, 2010

From the Rock'n Ribfest site. I will email them to confirm

I just talked to 'Pete' Peterson. That is the correct date for the Rockn' Rib Fest.

Which CT comp are you doing?

No clue. I know there were a bunch in the fall last year. Maybe I'll hit the Shore? I don't have NJ off the books either...

I need to start working on my schedule for next year. I guess I'll see if I win any freebies at the banquet...

Normally New Hampshire is the following weekend. I hope that is wrong because that would be a major conflict.

New Hampshire did apply for a date change and the request will be approved this weekend at the board meeting but they are requesting Friday & Sat. Sounds like a double weekend in New England

No clue. I know there were a bunch oin the fall last year. Maybe I'll hit the SHore? I don't have NJ off the books either...

I need to start working on my schedule for next year. I guess I'll see if I win any freebies at the banquet...

If you hit NJ come on down to seaside heights, I am giving fist pump lessons! I am gonna beat up the beat!

No clue. I know there were a bunch in the fall last year. Maybe I'll hit the Shore? I don't have NJ off the books either...

Scottie you need to hit North Wildwood, right on the boardwalk

Wildwood is always the same weekend as Shannon. But M & T will be retiring soon...

I plan on speaking with the people at Peter's Pond when I get home from vacation about moving the contest either a week forward or a week back. If not, the event won't happen, as I have no plans to compete with the New Hampshire event.

If it does happen, the plan is to seek a state championship proclamation.

The Cape Cod BBQ Championship is ON!!!

It will be held Friday, June 4th through Sunday, June 6th at the Peter's Pond Campground. This will be a KCBS sanctioned event, and a state championship will be applied for immediately.

For those in farther reaches of the country, here's an idea. Come, cook on Cape Cod, stay for a few extra days at the RV resort, then drive less than two hours north to Merrimack, NH for the contest the following weekend, which is an auto Jack qualifier. Peter's Pond will likely be one of two state championships in Mass.

Just a thought....

Ted

Back