View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

OMG!!! That's the main reason I don't make rellenos very often! The work. But they are definitely worth it. Maribel is spot on about browning the rice first. Something that I have started adding to my Spanish Rice is capers. Try em if you like em. I go the old school route and add a can of peas and carrots like my Grandmother would do. Man, this thread reminds me of all of excellent cooking and how much I miss it.
I like that sauce for the rellenos. My mom's go to sauce is based more on a roux and chunkier with pretty much the same ingredients but not blended.

Looking good. I'd hit all of that!

Last thing. If you like old style oldies, tune into the this station net Sunday from 12-8. Mike Guerrero does his Oldies Show and plays some really good oldies tunes. Also, if you like 80's, Lorraine Austin does and 80's show on Saturday nights from 6-10.
I never miss the oldies show on Sundays.
http://www.923thefox.com/

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote