Contest Results Grapevine Elks results

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I heard yesterday that Keller Steeler won GC and Tony76248 tied for RGC.

Congrats Brian and Tony! Wish I could have been there.

Keller Steeler
1st Brisket
3rd Ribs
5th Chicken

Tony76248
1st Ribs
3rd Chicken

Last edited:
Thanks and congrats to Tony.

After ribs were called, I told Tony he was probably going to win GC. I was happy with my chicken and ribs and figured I was done. I was rooting for Tony and kept talking with his wife hoping he was going to hit. His brisket was good and I thought he was going to get a call on it. I did not even consider it for mine. When they called my number, I took a double take at the ticket and said Holy Sh$t -----what a feeling.

Thanks again.

Congrats to both of you!

Brian, thanks for the beer! Tony, thanks for the call with the results. Sorry, I had to cut it short while driving in traffic without my headset:oops:

Thanks a bunch. Since Brian and I had cooked side by side, I knew he had cooked very good. Based on the half I tasted, that may have been the best chicken you have ever cooked..... perhaps you turned in the wrong half :wink:. Mine was also good although it closely resembled a turkey, I was lucky to get the lid closed. I actually liked yours better and hoped that the judges didn't have my tastebuds.

The ribs were equally good, other than the sauce, I knew it was gonna be close. WTG with the brisket! Perhaps they found a hair in mine?

Again well done Brian, if it wasn't me, I am glad it was you. You definitely cooked great!

Back