• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How do you Like your Steak

How do you like your steak.

• Beefsickle 0F - 34F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just take it out of the fridge 35F-100F

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Extremely Rare 100-120F Mooo!

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Rare 120-125F a good Vet could revive it!

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Med Rare 130-135F center is very pink, slightly brown toward the exterior portion

Votes: 111 56.6%
  • Medium 140-145F center is light pink, outer portion is brown

Votes: 40 20.4%
  • Medium Well 150-155F not pink

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Well 160 - 165F steak is uniformly brown throughout

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Extremely well 170-180F + Dry still recognizable as meat

• Carbon like Probe will not go in anymore similar to Lump charcoal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
There are 2 threads on this subject today funny enough at the same time but different points of view. Thought a poll would be interesting.

I like mine somewhere between med rare and medium. If I go out and order I always go med rare because it will always come out medium.

I have been to some places although way too rare (pun intended) where the server will actually write RMR = rare side of medium rare. And then there are even fewer places that can deliver but to me, that is the ideal.

But I have done it on the Egg the right way:wink:

I went with a fellow into a restaurant one time (me for the first time) and he said:
"You can order your steak any way you want it, but you are going to get well done".

Stan

Rare to med rare. I also like a thicker steak so I can get a nice char on the outside without overcooking it.

I like mine med rare, edge-to-edge, not just in the center part.

Like mine Med Rare, but I order it Med,, If the mess it up I want it to the cooked side, not the other way...
Puddle

Depends on the cut

Prime Rib - Rare
Ribeye - medium rare
Strip - Rare-med rare

T-bone - med rare
Filet - Rare (which is why i don;t care for a porterhouse - i like the two cuts different temps)

Ground beef
Round - medium
Chuck - medium
sirloin - med rare
Kobe - rare

I'm an extremely rare to rare person. To me, medium rare is tolerable - beyond that, its a waste of a good steak. Unless we're talking about something sliced super thin like flank steak or london broil.

When I was a kid I'd eat raw hamburger, but these days, after the article I read in the New York Times about how hamburger is made, I keep to medium well. I'll only eat Bubba Burgers, or hamburger from our local grocery store where they make their own out of table scraps, not random vats of fat from goodness knows where.

It is amazing that restaurants consistently overcook. I always order rare in hopes of getting medium rare, however I usually get medium to medium well. It is usually closer if it is a better restaurant, however this happened recently when the wife and I recently went to Flemmings. We spent $300 for our dinner and my wife's steak was way overcooked. I don't get it....you can always cook a steak a little longer.

Back