Weber "Redhead" Appreciation Thread...

I wanted to post another picture to kick start this thread, hope y'all don't mind:becky:
004_zpse84caecb.jpg

005_zps1e3139c5.jpg

My 1990 One Touch Plus converted to a Master touch.

Included a nice tall chimney and bag of mesquite charcoal.

Not bad for $30.00

DSCN1270_zps62525bc4.jpg

DSCN1266_zps9f416f54.jpg

DSCN1273_zps9f982561.jpg

I just got my very first redhead Tuesday.
It's an '86 (H) OTS with condition issues, but I'll slowly restore it when I have time.
It sat outside, uncovered, for 10 years or more. Two of the wood handles rotted right off and the third needs to be replaced. (Luckily I know where to get accurate reproduction wood handles!) I haven't played with the one-touch system yet so I don't know how bad it is. There are chips and dings, and it needs new wheels, but hey, I saved it.

Best part? It was free. A local Sheriff's deputy got it for me from one of his neighbors.
Pics to follow.
Someday.

I'd like to renew my membership

I actually prefer the newer plastic table performer - I wonder if I can do a switcheroo with my black performer

I guess I can join too!
This is a 1986 OTS that a buddy salvaged for free.
New leg kit, ash sweeper, and Maple handles completed the resto.
I think the chips give it character.

I just ordered a Crimson Kettle. So does that qualify me to be a "Red Head" owner now? :becky:
Here's a pic from the website

Attachments

• 8c3ece89241973804b1f9a3bd133f6fd.jpg
    8c3ece89241973804b1f9a3bd133f6fd.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 34
Is a Crimson Red? I used to have a Crimson but no more. It has a matte finish, Coppers have a little more gloss. The new taco handles look like crap.........and Crimson looks not nearly as good to my eye as any of the 5 Reds I have. Same as Brick Red, Maroon or Plum Kettles.....nice colors sure but not Red. Weber doesn't make Reds anymore, Craigslist does.

Here was my Crimson beside a late 60's Red 26er:

1z3cnid.jpg

That 26er lives in my man room.

Last edited:
Back