BBQ'd Meatloaf and Roasted Corn

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Tonight's dinner was meatloaf, roasted corn, and mashed taters...

20111106_Meatloaf_213.JPG

I started out with 2lbs of ground beef, a chopped onion, and a lightly beaten egg. I also added one cup of crumbled tortilla chips, some barbecue sauce, a little salt and pepper and some worcestershire sauce.

20111106_Meatloaf_215.JPG

I made a loaf out of it and put it on the pizza stone in the drum at about 350°...

20111106_Meatloaf_217.JPG

Part of the way through the cook, I tossed on some corn on the cob that I had drizzled a little melted butter on...

20111106_Meatloaf_218.JPG

With about 15 minutes to go on the meatloaf, I dumped on some more BBQ sauce on the outside and let it cook a little before pulling it all off...

20111106_Meatloaf_219.JPG

My girlfriend made the mashed taters... We ate good tonight :)

Now on to the smoked chicken for the chicken noodle soup.... Pron for that later!

Looks great. By the time the meatloaf has cooked, were you able to taste the crumbled tortilla chips? Never thought of doing that.

Never thought of doing a meat loaf on a pizza stone.

Outstanding looking plate for sure. It contains all my favorites.

Looks great. By the time the meatloaf has cooked, were you able to taste the crumbled tortilla chips? Never thought of doing that.

Actually you can. Also, if you use tortilla chips, back off a little on any salt addition because the chips do have a good bit of salt in them already.

I like the way you did your corn. Just left the bottom of the husk on to protect the ear. I've either pulled the entire husk off or left the entire husk on. I will have to try what you did. Did you ever turn them during the cook?

Everything looked awesome by the way.

JM, that is one fine looking meal.

Have you ever tried Meatloaf made with Ritz or Town House crackers?

My Grandma used to make her meatloaf with one of those and it was goooood.

Back