Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPTOAD

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to post here to introduce myself and also to thank the members and staff of the website.

I started smoking about two years ago on a clearance SNP from Wal-mart. I had planned on making it a Sunday football watching ritual. I found that I was spending way to much time tending the fire and not watching the games. I found BBQ Brethern and was able to make some mods that reduced the time by the smoker but it wasnt enough. We had a BBQ back in early Spetember, did six racks of baby backs for about 25 people and was so busy getting things ready I didnt have time to socialize with my guests. I then began the search for a new smoker. I was looking all different models and prices then found the UDS thread. All I can say is THANK YOU BRETHREN!!!! I found my smoker. I gathered the parts in about a week and did my first two smokes this weekend. One 13lb bag of kingsford competition(w two sticks of hickory) has lasted me 13 hours so far with about a quarter of the bag left. I did a pork butt and two fatties both turned out better than any other BBQ I have made. I will be posting pics of the drum on the UDS thread.

Thanks Again for Everything,
HOPTOAD

Good to have you HOPTOAD.

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Welcome to the camp,
HOPTOAD.
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home,
Enjoy.

Seat belt in hang on your in for a ride and will like it here!

Welcome HOPTOAD from The Land of the Buckeye Nut :becky: This is great place to learn and if you having something to share ... Put it out there :thumb: Sounds like you will have some time to watch Donovan on Sundays.

Excellent work HopToad! Welcome to the Brethren (if I may be so bold to speak for the group).
Great bunch of folks here. Learning new stuff everyday!

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome aboard HOPTOAD, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Welcome HOPTOAD, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back