Piggy Time in SoCal Again, farkers!

Getting stuff packed and don't think I've forgotten anything. Will be touching down at LAX around 1540 PST. Looking forward to hanging out with my SoCal Brethren!

see you soon!

Sorry to say we wont be able to make it. I guess we have a prior commitment, something about Stephanies niece getting married or some crap

would postponing the wedding be an option? :noidea: "...But it's a whole pig! And there'll be campdude's cheese dip, and sausage from TX, frijoles charros from Tonybel, SmokinJohn's gonna tie dye an apron, - c'mon!..."

BTW 9/1 is a great day for getting married - it'll be our 23rd on Sunday!

Hey, I was thinking of bringing some desert along with the jalapeno dip. Just got back from Santa Barbara, lots to do. I recently came across a very good chewy peanut butter cookie recipe. Quick, easy, and delicious. Does anyone know if we have any peanut allergy people on the group? Don't want any issues. If so, I'll see if I can make time for something else. Thinking of fasting tomorrow to make room for Sunday!

^^^I don't really know. There'll be quite a few people there, so there may be a small chance, but I'm kinda thinking that it won't be a problem - nobody close to us that I'm aware of has a peanut allergy. Good thinking, Marty - there was a kid in my son's elementary school who had it - that chit is no joke! I think we're good though. We can put a sign on 'em to be on the safe side.

Cool. It's definitely no joke.. There's a guy at work whose son is so bad, he had a reaction to someone eating peanuts 4 or 5 rows away at a Dodger game. I figured you'd know if one of the gang had a bad allergy to them. I'll bring them in a Tupperware.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Thank you for the post Tony.

Had never heard of Peruano beans, but damn that looks good.

Thanks

They put up a recipe on their blog as well:

https://tonyandmaribel.com

These really are amazing, and believe it or not, there's no need to season 'cause the chorizo, sausage, & jalapenos pretty much got it covered. I've tried with the Peruanos a couple times, but I tend to overcook 'em and they fall apart. The pintos are better for an unattentive cook like myself 'cause they can take more abuse and neglect. :oops:

I think when we were at Tonybel's they used the Peruanos, and I'm pretty dang sure I haven't had better beans of any kind anywhere. Seriously - I still think about them often and it's been like 3 years. :bounce:

The other recipes on that blog are winners as well.

So what’s the haps? What can I bring?

Hey Greg, I got a Vortex for the Ranch so let me know if I need to bring it!

Bring anything you want! We have a pretty good amount of proteins, so some kinda side or dessert might be a little better. Ice is always welcome, and whatever you wanna drink would be a good idea.

I have a big arse vortex for the Ranch - that thing gets hot! :shocked: Thanks though! Glad we're gonna be seeing you! :clap2:

Checking in. Been running around getting food for tomorrow and apparently there is gonna be a fair amount of cooking going on. Hopefully there will be a buncha hungry folks but there’s always room for more.

Getting cookies ready for tomorrow.
Planning on getting there around noonish to help out and to play with fire.

RrXjmuK.jpg

Looks like we're going to make it! Too good of an opportunity to miss out on.

What can we bring?

If nothing else, I have a bit of Cabo, but not very much. Can I bring some Patron instead?

Not quite sure of the timing. Should be there between 3-4 at the latest. We can help with anything, or just sit and shoot the Shhhhhhhtufff with anybody else.

See you Pharkers Manyana!

Getting cookies ready for tomorrow.
Planning on getting there around noonish to help out and to play with fire.

RrXjmuK.jpg

Looks fantastic - looking forward to see you and those cookies!

Looks like we're going to make it! Too good of an opportunity to miss out on.

What can we bring?

If nothing else, I have a bit of Cabo, but not very much. Can I bring some Patron instead?

Not quite sure of the timing. Should be there between 3-4 at the latest. We can help with anything, or just sit and shoot the Shhhhhhhtufff with anybody else.

See you Pharkers Manyana!

Ice is always welcome - glad y'all are gonna make it!

Ready for tomorrow

That's what I'm talking about right there! :hungry:

Mike, hope to see you and Ann at a future Brethren bash. Maybe October in Texas?

Greg, how big is that pig? Sounds like gonna be quite a few folks showing up.

Yes Charles, Hoping to make that one with Ag76. Hey gtr, Jet in! Would love for y'all to make it too! We will do what it takes to get you there and back! :clap2:

Back